Can the Rangers beat the Capitals this year

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I hope you guys somehow play each other in the first round just so they choke again. It might bring tears to my eyes watching that.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
trotz can't coach in the playoffs. He's never been very far once the playoffs start. I remember all those great teams he had in Nashville.

I just don't buy this line of thinking... He's never had a team this good before.... And as a NYR fan after these last cpl yrs everubody should understand a lil bit of luck plays into it as well... The best team doesn't always win

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You mean can the Caps beat the Rangers this year. Cause they're the ones that have to prove they can beat us when it matters.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
A healthy Rangers vs a Healthy Caps...Nope.

Anyone saying otherwise is wearing the goggles. They have an elite team this season, from the front to the back..while our offense is staying on par as past seasons, our defense is starting to drop drastically and will not be able to contain that team, especially the special teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Show me come playoff time heard it before. Our boys have earned the benefit of the doubt against them

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I hope you guys somehow play each other in the first round just so they choke again. It might bring tears to my eyes watching that.
Option A: Islanders beat the Rangers, then lose to the Capitals.

Option B: Rangers beat the Islanders, then beat the Capitals.

Which do you choose? :popcorn:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Capitals aren't as good as everything thinks. Justin Williams will win the series for them though.

I don't know if you're being facetious or not. That said, I've always thought Justin Williams was overrated as a playoff performer. I think that there's more to his performance than random variation but I do think it's somewhat fluky. An example would be cherry picking game 7s to look at his points. Those are huge but why not look at all elimination games? If he has 3 points in game 7 but was MIA in game 6 and relied on his teammates to win game 6, where were the magical clutch powers?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't know if you're being facetious or not. That said, I've always thought Justin Williams was overrated as a playoff performer. I think that there's more to his performance than random variation but I do think it's somewhat fluky. An example would be cherry picking game 7s to look at his points. Those are huge but why not look at all elimination games? If he has 3 points in game 7 but was MIA in game 6 and relied on his teammates to win game 6, where were the magical clutch powers?
That was all my genuine opinion.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A healthy Rangers vs a Healthy Caps...Nope.

Anyone saying otherwise is wearing the goggles. They have an elite team this season, from the front to the back..while our offense is staying on par as past seasons, our defense is starting to drop drastically and will not be able to contain that team, especially the special teams.

I disagree. Saying that we can win them in a 7 game series is different than saying we're a better team than them this year.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man the Isles-Rangers rivalry is not quite what it once was. :laugh:

Thanks though.

I guess as deep as we've gone the past few years Isles fans must just be okay with it as long as we don't win the cup.

The Capitals are becoming my team that I want to see flame out in the first round this year. Everyone talking about how they're the greatest team ever and all that, I would just love to see them go down in the first round, whether it's to us or the Penguins or whoever.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Option A: Islanders beat the Rangers, then lose to the Capitals.

Option B: Rangers beat the Islanders, then beat the Capitals.

Which do you choose? :popcorn:

Hmmmm you got me there. I really want to see you guys in the playoffs because I think it'd be fun as hell, and I obviously don't want Washington to win anything. I'm going to go with B because there's no way that we'll win a cup with Coach Caveman, and a first round loss to the Rangers would definitely get him fired. I also think that you guys have the best chance of beating them in the East just because you're in their heads and Hank would play out of his mind as usual. My ideal situation would be Cap-Rangers/Isles-Pens in the first round and then an Isles-Rangers matchup in the second round. That'd be awesome.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Said it before the season started and i stand by it, i think this will be the first time Since 2011(i think) caps will win a series over us. Watched tonights game aswell and when they start pushing for a win in the 3rd they Are scary as hell. Tons of possesion and they Are very strong around the boards and have tons of goalscorers. They also have a great d-core and arguably the best goalie in the league this season.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Said it before the season started and i stand by it, i think this will be the first time Since 2011(i think) caps will win a series over us. Watched tonights game aswell and when they start pushing for a win in the 3rd they Are scary as hell. Tons of possesion and they Are very strong around the boards and have tons of goalscorers. They also have a great d-core and arguably the best goalie in the league this season.

They played the Devils. That team could skate with us for 58 minutes a week ago. They're garbage. The face they had to turn it on like that is bad. Holtby was awful. Not sold on them. Theyre getting by on quite a bit of luck. Highest PDO team in the league. I know we're 2nd, but we were sky high since it was like that for 2 months. I think we'd beat them in a series as presently constructed. We'll figure out the PK, especially once Nash gets back.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
History repeats itself almost every season. Any team can be beaten in a series. Hot goalies and the bounce of the puck often determine a series winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad