Can the Canucks have their own docu-reality series?

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
For the last 4 years Kevin Lowe and the Oilers have been telling everyone how great they are and how they're this great dynasty about to happen on Oil Change. Nothing has "changed" in that time. I think it's a bit of a joke. It's pretentious for a TV show to manufacture a narrative like that and stroke Kevin Lowe's ego every week. I am glad the Canucks aren't involved in anything like that. If anyone wants to watch a Canucks centric program tune in to Canucks This Week.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
For the last 4 years Kevin Lowe and the Oilers have been telling everyone how great they are and how they're this great dynasty about to happen on Oil Change. Nothing has "changed" in that time. I think it's a bit of a joke. It's pretentious for a TV show to manufacture a narrative like that and stroke Kevin Lowe's ego every week. I am glad the Canucks aren't involved in anything like that. If anyone wants to watch a Canucks centric program tune in to Canucks This Week.

I think a lot of people would love to see the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes on, particularly in the dressing room, management and coaching and what players' lives are like on a daily basis. Those little features on Canucks TV are nice but they don't really get into the nitty-gritty of what life is like in the NHL. If you liked those HBO series then you should like this too.

Obviously there's the potential for distraction and industry secrets to get out, so there's got to be some sort of balance if they ever did a show like that.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
i really curious about how AV conducts his strategy and talks in the locker rooms since its such a mystery the way he runs things.

molson78

Apr 27, 2007
Either way you slice it, almost every Canucks fan - even those opposed to the idea - would watch it.

It's something to keep in mind if they ever need another revenue stream :laugh:

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
from what I remember reading in the past, Gillis does not want the distraction with this team... and I can't say I disagree with him. I'm a bigger fan of this team succeeding then seeing them in some "docu-reality."

The other side of the coin is that Gillis probably doesn't want people to see what the team is doing behind closed doors. They've done what they can to keep his projects secret from the rest of the league to maintain their competitive advantage, and I imagine some of them would be hard to edit around.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
Would love watching The Real Housewives of the Vancouver Canucks.

Keith Plus 8

Here Comes Honey Luo Luo? - anyone?

Keeping up with the Kassians

So You Think You Can Hans(en)

Don't Trust The B----- in Jersey 23

Pretty Little Schneiders

K they're not even reality shows anymore, but whatever.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
They could do a game show hosted by Brown University alum Aaron Volpatti..
Are You Smarter than a 4th liner?

If there was a reality show being recorded tonight, they could title the episode "Dancing with the Stars"

A Gillis based show called "Star Search"?

Supermanny?

X-Factor.. based on...

Ok.. enough.. ..

Last edited:

Scottrockztheworld*

Would love watching The Real Housewives of the Vancouver Canucks.

Keith Plus 8

Here Comes Honey Luo Luo? - anyone?

Survivor - Season 307,957,458: Vancouver Canucks Blue Line Edition

Big Brother - See who can live inside the Sedins the longest

Biggest Lou-ser

The Poop - Like Joel McHale's "The Soup" with Luongo hosting from Honda Centre bathroom

I'll think of more Im sure

CookieCrumbs*

If we ever got a Heritage or Winter Classic game, then YES, I would assume/hope we saw a 24/7. I love those.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
As if it's not enough of a freaking soap opera cheering for this team already? We may as well have a fan vote for who starts each game, and some sort of Big Brother-style contests to figure out who plays on what line, c'mon, it's well past that point already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad