Can the Canucks have their own docu-reality series?

molson78

Apr 27, 2007
I've seen a couple episodes of Oil Change and now 24CH (for the Habs) and wondering/hoping the Canucks can do something similar. I'm a big fan of the 24/7 HBO series which really seems to have started this trend.

The only downside is that it could be a distraction/annoyance for the players..but as a fan, i'm all for it. :handclap:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
would be great for fans of the team. Would also be great because it would be the only Canadian team actually winning and making the playoffs.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
from what I remember reading in the past, Gillis does not want the distraction with this team... and I can't say I disagree with him. I'm a bigger fan of this team succeeding then seeing them in some "docu-reality."

And this team hasn't proven that they can succeed through distraction to begin with.

molson78

Apr 27, 2007
from what I remember reading in the past, Gillis does not want the distraction with this team... and I can't say I disagree with him. I'm a bigger fan of this team succeeding then seeing them in some "docu-reality."

And this team hasn't proven that they can succeed through distraction to begin with.

Ouch. Good points. I'm a little torn by the idea of it, but honestly some cameras following them around is probably nothing that new to them.

RewBicks

Feb 10, 2007
I've seen a couple episodes of Oil Change and now 24CH (for the Habs) and wondering/hoping the Canucks can do something similar. I'm a big fan of the 24/7 HBO series which really seems to have started this trend.

The only downside is that it could be a distraction/annoyance for the players..but as a fan, i'm all for it. :handclap:

Do not want. Who needs the distraction.

member 105785

win the cup, then get the TV show, team doesn't need the distraction until they've gone all the way

Pseudonymous*

I'd be all over watching it. Mad there hasn't been a behind the scenes thing on them so far

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Neither have the Oilers. ;)

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
leave these documentary series for teams that need to give their fans a pep rally. I'll take our level of success over some silly TV show any day. I'm actually surprised toronto and calgary haven't gotten their own show yet...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
leave these documentary series for teams that need to give their fans a pep rally. I'll take our level of success over some silly TV show any day. I'm actually surprised toronto and calgary haven't gotten their own show yet...

they haven't? I thought I saw "Flaming out" and "Reimer + Scrivens :cry:" on my PVR

lack of creativity on both, but it's the thought that counts :nod:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
How about they just do a show that follows Aaron Rome around 24/7 instead?

I would watch it.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Can't believe so many people are down on the idea. It would be great. If teams like the Pens and Philly can handle the ''distraction'' I don't know why the Canucks couldn't.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Can't believe so many people are down on the idea. It would be great. If teams like the Pens and Philly can handle the ''distraction'' I don't know why the Canucks couldn't.

Bryz was brutal after he gave the lecture on the universe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad