Can the Canadian Branch Plant Division get fair officiating from the AAUSIHT as it seeks US TV deal?

Will the AAUSIHT snub the Canadian Branch Plant Division in the playoffs with bad calls?

• No! Hockey is beyond reproach and the AAUSIHT relies on the Canadian Branch Plant Division!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Are we prepared to acknowledge that the nation referenced in the American based National Hockey League is America? Will Gary Bettman and his merry band of Ivy League educated lawyer account MBA types allow for a team from the Canadian Branch Plant Division to advance far in the playoffs when the American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams is seeking a fat US TV deal from networks like S4USA! (Sports for the United states)? Note the US TV Networks look with trepidation at the AAUSIHT for having it even possible for a Canadian Branch Plant Division advance and the fact that no Canadian team has won the cup since Bettman has been commissioner.

Will the need to get a fat US TV deal to keep marginal American markets afloat result in home cooking for US teams when it comes to the playoffs, again? Will the AAUSIHT snub the Canadian Branch Plant Division by not calling penalties against American teams when they play Canadian ones?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They do it now. Canadian teams should relentlessly booing referees right out of their building to draw attention to it. Its blatant

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
I'm sorry, what
American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams = the American NHL that Canadians worship- it is part of the Canadian psyche and Canadian culture- this American enterprise is part of Canadian culture and the Ivy League graduates are no dummies and have the good sense to take advantage of that, treat the Canadian teams like an ATM in the regular season, and then very justifiably under Ivy League MBA grounds, screw the Canadian teams in the rightful pursuit of a problem solving US tv deal. And those US TV executives were their classmates and are equally brilliant Ivy League lawyer MBA accountant types who with good reason point to the possibility of an Ottawa Winnipeg final as grounds to not save the league.

The NHL needs the fat cat US tv deal to save it but cannot get it because of the Canadian teams, and the NHL needs the Canadian teams to pay the bills.

The solution is to take the Canadian teams out in the playoffs- show the TV networks the NHL has the American - and not Canadian - broadcast partners interests top of mind

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams = the American NHL that Canadians worship- it is part of the Canadian psyche and Canadian culture- this American enterprise is part of Canadian culture and the Ivy League graduates are no dummies and have the good sense to take advantage of that, treat the Canadian teams like an ATM in the regular season, and then very justifiably under Ivy League MBA grounds, screw the Canadian teams in the rightful pursuit of a problem solving US tv deal. And those US TV executives were their classmates and are equally brilliant Ivy League lawyer MBA accountant types who with good reason point to the possibility of an Ottawa Winnipeg final as grounds to not save the league.

The NHL needs the fat cat US tv deal to save it but cannot get it because of the Canadian teams, and the NHL needs the Canadian teams to pay the bills.

The solution is to take the Canadian teams out in the playoffs- show the TV networks the NHL has the American - and not Canadian - broadcast partners interests top of mind

Oh okay

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Yep you nailed it. So bang on it is not even funny. No Canadian team has won a Cup in the Bettman era. The stats on that occurring is much less than 1%. Think about it.

Reactions: LeafsRus

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It would be simple math if the probabilities were not weighted, but they are, and the weights rarely change dramatically from one year to the next. It takes some time for a complete turnover of the standings.
I don't know about that but i think the odds are worse for a Canadian Cup win with bunching of Canadian teams in same division. My daughter is an actuary and she told me it is SOOOOOOO small the odds that a Canadian team has not won a Cup under Bettman control. It is very hard to imagine every Canadian team has had such terrible management for past 27 years. Almost inconceivable.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Case closed. Obvious American conspiracy that all the Canadians who own teams and work for the league must be in on as well. And nobody rats.
I don't think it takes that many people. Kinda like executive orders for the president. Congress can't do anything except try to impeach. But guess what the president has the votes. The dude is really smart I give him that. He has setup the BOD with Jacobs and those 2 run the show. There is no democracy in the NHL.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't know about that but i think the odds are worse for a Canadian Cup win with bunching of Canadian teams in same division. My daughter is an actuary and she told me it is SOOOOOOO small the odds that a Canadian team has not won a Cup under Bettman control. It is very hard to imagine every Canadian team has had such terrible management for past 27 years. Almost inconceivable.

I have a thread on the blatant missed calls on dermott etc. The refs are crooked as a corkscrew. This is not some mad at a game thing its blatant poor refereeing bias against us for sure and other Canadian teams

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't think it takes that many people. Kinda like executive orders for the president. Congress can't do anything except try to impeach. But guess what the president has the votes. The dude is really smart I give him that. He has setup the BOD with Jacobs and those 2 run the show. There is no democracy in the NHL.

It's unbelievable, what people can believe, because they want to, despite all reason and evidence to the contrary.

This would be a case of massive corporate fraud. It they got caught by law enforcement or even a random ref who snitched, countless people would go to jail and the NHL would shut down. It's not worth it. The idea is really really dumb.

Reactions: smitty10

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I have a thread on the blatant missed calls on dermott etc. The refs are crooked as a corkscrew. This is not some mad at a game thing its blatant poor refereeing bias against us for sure and other Canadian teams
Marchand gets a finger on him and arm flies up. Dermy does same type of things but the arm never flies up. It happens all the time. I think it is a bias too. Mr Slew Foot Low Bridge Clipper Spearer Licker Elbow Man he is the master of every illegal tactic known to hockey. But because he is a top player he gets top player treatment which means there are 2 rules for different guys in NHL much like NBA where Bettman came from.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It's unbelievable, what people can believe, because they want to, despite all reason and evidence to the contrary.

This would be a case of massive corporate fraud. It they got caught by law enforcement or even a random ref who snitched, countless people would go to jail and the NHL would shut down. It's not worth it. The idea is really really dumb.
The NHL is not a corporate setting dude. OMG what some people believe. The evidence is RESULTS. The results are no Canadian team has won the Cup under Bettman rule.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
It’s because when he raises his arm it’s a goal on the board, where as teams who are not as potent get more opportunities. It’s just how officials work a game. Ebbs and flows.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007

The NFL got caught and went to court...and won. They admitted they were "sports entertainment". The whole thing has been buried and you won't find it anywhere.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The NHL is not a corporate setting dude. OMG what some people believe. The evidence is RESULTS. The results are no Canadian team has won the Cup under Bettman rule.

The NFL got caught and went to court...and won. They admitted they were "sports entertainment". The whole thing has been buried and you won't find it anywhere.

So why do you guys follow sports then? If you're convinced it's rigged, then that doesn't make sense. Is it like wrestling for you then, because you know it's fake, but enjoy it anyway?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It’s because when he raises his arm it’s a goal on the board, where as teams who are not as potent get more opportunities. It’s just how officials work a game. Ebbs and flows.
The NHL refs are game managers. They do not call all penalties. And later in season and playoffs they basically put the whistle away unless it takes away a scoring chance. The teams are SOOOOOO close in the post CAP era that it does not take much to influence a game.

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013

The American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams having the good sense to treat the Canadian Branch Plant Division like a branch plant division is not illegal.

Where is it written that sports must be above board?

You think it is by fluke that the LA Lakers and Boston Celtics have been in half of the NBA finals?

I say this with some horrific praise: The NHL has the good sense to screw over Canadian teams because Canadians are culturally programmed to watch anyway - so you can cash out on Canada during the regular season, but the one thing the NHL does not have is a fat cat American TV deal, so you need to screw the Canadian teams to show the American TV networks that they can comfortably invest in the NHL and the NHL will, like the NBA, look out for its broadcast partners. For clarity- screwing over Canadian teams is the smart thing to do.

I say this: The NHL league office is as Harvard law and MBA business savvy as the NBA office. Neither are idiots. Neither are boy-scouts .

(The Raptors) are not only going against the Brooklyn Nets but going against the league office," Donaghy said in a radio interview in Canada. "They have a very talented team and have to be that much better than the Brooklyn Nets."
Why would the NBA want the Nets to advance? Donaghy says it’s all about television ratings.
"In this situation, Brooklyn would be put at an advantage. A Brooklyn-Miami matchup (in Round 2) would bring great ratings and that’s what this is all about for the NBA and the league offices — bringing in as many dollars as they can. … Some of the things that the league does and continues to do puts these teams at a disadvantage — like the Toronto Raptors — because moving forward they won’t bring in the big dollars for the league. It’s terrible for the fans (of) Toronto. They go and support that team but really they’re going to have trouble moving on based on talent and what takes place on the floor when they’re really going against the refs and the league, along with the Nets."
The league reacted to Donaghy’s claims.
"Tim Donaghy is a convicted felon looking for any opportunity for people to listen to his baseless allegations," an NBA spokesman said in a statement. "For Mr. Donaghy to continually try to challenge his former colleagues’€™ ethics is distasteful and says more about his own integrity than it could ever say about our referees, who are the best and most scrutinized game officials in the world
. https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story...ficials-to-side-with-nets-over-raptors-042314
[/QUOTE]

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
So why do you guys follow sports then? If you're convinced it's rigged, then that doesn't make sense. Is it like wrestling for you then, because you know it's fake, but enjoy it anyway?
Yes, because of two things:

1) I enjoy hockey and football, and
2) I still have that sliver of hope that it's all on the up and up.

That said, the older I get the more I see that "just ain't right" and the more cynical I get.

Your results may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad