Can the Canadian Branch Plant Division get fair officiating from the AAUSIHT as it seeks US TV deal?

Will the AAUSIHT snub the Canadian Branch Plant Division in the playoffs with bad calls?

• No! Hockey is beyond reproach and the AAUSIHT relies on the Canadian Branch Plant Division!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Yes, because of two things:

1) I enjoy hockey and football, and
2) I still have that sliver of hope that it's all on the up and up.

That said, the older I get the more I see that "just ain't right" and the more cynical I get.

Your results may vary.
Marchand gets a finger on him and arm flies up. Dermy does same type of things but the arm never flies up. It happens all the time. I think it is a bias too. Mr Slew Foot Low Bridge Clipper Spearer Licker Elbow Man he is the master of every illegal tactic known to hockey. But because he is a top player he gets top player treatment which means there are 2 rules for different guys in NHL much like NBA where Bettman came from.
The NFL got caught and went to court...and won. They admitted they were "sports entertainment". The whole thing has been buried and you won't find it anywhere.

Brilliant points.

The Leafs can still win. You are going to hate this, Moron Man, but as the fix is in, the only way for the Leafs to advance is to out-talent the opponent. Bringing in Patrick O'Thuggo is bringing in 5 and a game and defeat in the playoffs, even if the American team is doing the same thing to us. The only way to win in a crooked league is to have more talent- see Raptors last year.

It needs to be repeated: 1 it's not the penalties called, it's the penalties not called, 2. If the Leafs smack someone around, all of the video evidence will be clear: That is a penalty all day and all night and thus a good call. Even if the other team did it without a penalty- that time the Leaf gets the call, the opponent was run into the boards, the Leafs stick was high, Leafs player shoved the other player into the boards and it was dangerous, clearly a cross check, etc - 3, When is the penalty called? The NBA is great at equalizing the foul numbers once the winner is up 15

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I don't know about that but i think the odds are worse for a Canadian Cup win with bunching of Canadian teams in same division. My daughter is an actuary and she told me it is SOOOOOOO small the odds that a Canadian team has not won a Cup under Bettman control. It is very hard to imagine every Canadian team has had such terrible management for past 27 years. Almost inconceivable.

Legit? That's a pretty cool field, no joke if she has some math on it I'd have a professional interest in seeing it, because I'm trying to think about how to calculate it and it's making my little pea brain spin.

The hard part is that it's not random chance, if you wanted to be accurate I think you'd have to build a whole model, or borrow someone else's like Dom at the Athletic. Or you could guesstimate by looking at just finals appearances. So, 5 Canadian team appearances in the last 27 years, Canadian teams are 0/5. Finals aren't random chance either but they're closer to it than other sports, maybe you call it 50±10%. Chance that you would draw a loss on the Canadian side 5 times with those odds is within the range of ~1.02-7.8%. I think. So low but not unusually low. Flyers won the 2nd pick on 2.4% odds a few years ago. The 50±10% range is a pretty big assumption on my part though. I think someone's done some math on how close the odds are to chance before but I don't remember where I saw it...

This is top down though, bottom up would be more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->