Can Tavares and Ladd still work out?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Too early for in depth analysis.
People sure want instant gratification these days.
The contract is too long yes , Ladd will be just fine.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Ladd was brought in to finally give Tavares a decent winger to play with. So far both Tavares and Ladd are off to the worst starts in their careers. No points for Ladd and only 1+1 for Tavares. And they've only scored 1 goal on 29 shots combined. On the plus side they have basically only faced good teams so far, with Phoenix being the worst.

Might Tavares and Ladd still find that chemistry? Or is this the first sign of bad things to come? And if it doesn't work out, what do you do with Ladd?

Finally get a decent winger? Okposo is better than Ladd!

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
JT lacks proper support in general, how many teams have a worse second best player than the Islanders?! Not many, especially playoff teams.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
It's been five games. All you youngins need to relax. There didn't have a training camp together. Let's give them time to gel.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I beg to differ given Ladd's production. Okposo could at least somewhat create off the rush. Ladd is probably already your teams pizza delivery guy off the rush.
The truth is the best guy for Tavares is probably Ho-Sang. Kid can create. Tavares needs him. Maybe even Barzal if you put him on Tavares wing. Ladd is not the answer here though trust me on that. They won't find chemistry.

Never heard this expression.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If that was what they thought when signing Ladd, they were strangely motivated. I didn't think he was their guy to supposedly give Tavares a legit 1st line partner

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I thought Ladd was awful in the Hawks/Blues series last year and it looks like it's carried over to this season. That contract is an abomination.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Ladd is not a 1st line player..that is the first problem, so it's not much a surprise he is dragging JT down.

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
Wtf is wrong with ladd

Haven't watched any of the games. I drafted him in the 8th round and he's got me 0 points in 5 games

!!!!!!

Only player on my team with 0 points
Including d

Gree

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Replacing Okposo, Nielsen, and Martin with Ladd, Chimera, and youth was basically a horrific decision that could set the team back 1-2 seasons. It reminds of the summer of 2012 when the Flyers let Jagr and Carle walk, traded JVR for L. Schenn and signed Mark Streit to fill the void left by the injured Pronger. Letting Carle walk looks good in hindsight, but the other moves set them back and they went from a 103 point playoff team to missing the playoffs in 12-13.

dirtyd88

Oct 21, 2016
Bingo

This is a bad contract

not entirely.. jt back from wc and didnt play w/ ladd in preseason. give them time, and get bailey off the 1st line. but even if ladds offense regresses near the middle/end of the contract, hell probably be getting the paid the appropriate $ of a responsible 3rd liner, where hell be playing at at 35-38yrs old.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's been five games.

It's one thing if we were at game 40 and the two were still struggling to produce, but five games into the season seems way too premature for this sort of thing.

Re-visit this in January.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's been five games.

It's one thing if we were at game 40 and the two were still struggling to produce, but five games into the season seems way too premature for this sort of thing.

Re-visit this in January.

Ladd has been pretty bad for a lot more than 5 games.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It was a bad move. I don't know why they thought an older worse offensive player on a similar contract was the answer.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Replacing Okposo, Nielsen, and Martin with Ladd, Chimera, and youth was basically a horrific decision that could set the team back 1-2 seasons. It reminds of the summer of 2012 when the Flyers let Jagr and Carle walk, traded JVR for L. Schenn and signed Mark Streit to fill the void left by the injured Pronger. Letting Carle walk looks good in hindsight, but the other moves set them back and they went from a 103 point playoff team to missing the playoffs in 12-13.

Martin was not a big loss. Only Isles fans for the most part realize that. He was very one dimensional and as we saw not many teams were interested in him either. Nielsen was the only big loss and they ultimately offered him more money, but for some bizarre reason he chose to go to a declining Detroit team which I argued could make a run for 15 or 16th in the conference this year. I already explained how much of a mess Okposo was. The Isles also got record poor production last year from players not named Nielsen or Okposo. As a result many thought this year despite losing those 2 that they wouldn't be as bad off as some felt because Lee Strome Nelson Tavares would all have better seasons offensively this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad