Can someone help me pick a game/seats for a gift?

Katherine

Dec 18, 2013
I know very little about hockey and I'm looking at buying tickets to a Sens game as a gift and have no clue what games or sections are best. I guess it depends what other teams the person receiving the tickets likes, but are there some teams that are more exciting to watch play the Sens?

I'm looking at a home game over the holidays, from Dec 21 to January 2 if possible, or any Friday or Saturday night game.

Can anyone please give me some guidance on what you think (if you are or were a Sens fan) what game you would like to see? And what sections are good to watch from? i'm sure the most expensive tickets are the best, but I'd like to hear about other sections that are good value as well. I really appreciate the help!

http://senators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83065

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
the jets game is the game we have the best chance of winning in all those periods, and it should also be pretty cheap too. buy seats that are right behind the net that the sens shoot at twice, since you will get to see more goals go through. Center ice is overrated.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
I'd prefer to see Pittsburgh, Boston, or Washington personally. Section-wise, if you sit in the 100s don't sit close to the ice unless you're in like row A in the corners or the ends. The sight lines suck close to the ice in the 100s. Sit in like row M in the middle (club seats). 200s I prefer near centre ice, but there are decent sight lines from pretty much anywhere in the 200s. 300s again, I prefer centre ice, but decent sight lines from anywhere really. However, all of this depends on what your budget is.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I know very little about hockey and I'm looking at buying tickets to a Sens game as a gift and have no clue what games or sections are best. I guess it depends what other teams the person receiving the tickets likes, but are there some teams that are more exciting to watch play the Sens?

I'm looking at a home game over the holidays, from Dec 21 to January 2 if possible, or any Friday or Saturday night game.

Can anyone please give me some guidance on what you think (if you are or were a Sens fan) what game you would like to see? And what sections are good to watch from? i'm sure the most expensive tickets are the best, but I'd like to hear about other sections that are good value as well. I really appreciate the help!

Age of person? Do you think that they'd like to be in the roudier areas or in the more civil? :)

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa

There isn't one bad seat at the CTC. Best bang for your bucks would be lower Centre 300's. If you're willing to spend a little more, I'd go Centre 200's (Best view in the house IMO).

As for best games to go too, depends on who you want to see. But I'd say Boston and Pittsburgh would be the best between that time. Check out Stubhub.com, there are some great deals for tickets. And it is 100% reliable.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
the jets game is the game we have the best chance of winning in all those periods, and it should also be pretty cheap too. buy seats that are right behind the net that the sens shoot at twice, since you will get to see more goals go through. Center ice is overrated.

Disagree, centre ice is best by far imo.

We're lucky with CTC though, there aren't really any bad seats.

And agreed on the Jets, should be a good game.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
I prefer Center Ice as well. For cheaper tickets, anywhere in or around 309 & 322 is great.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Best cheap seats are probably in sections 310 and 320.
If you can shell out more go lower rows in 300s near center ice.
Best seats in the building are lower 208 and 222.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It depends on your budget. But, the best bang for your buck is the center 300 section seats. So long as this person is average height or taller, you can see the entire ice and players perfectly.

I prefer the 300 section closer to where the Sens shoot twice, you can see the other end perfectly fine, and it means you're directly in front of the action for half the game, and only have to adjust your view for the other half. I find with dead center seats, you have to adjust your view more. But you couldn't go wrong with either.

You couldn't go wrong with Pittsburgh or Washington as opponents, just because they have Crosby and Ovechkin. Detroit is a good choice as well if he is a long time Ottawa fan, because Alfredsson is on Detroit.

Check the tickets thread, there are often really good discount codes posted for games.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
All good suggestions here. The only less-than-ideal seats are the ones in the 300's next to the stairs where you have to look through that glass stuff at the bottom of the staircases. I've had those seats once and they kinda sucked. The rest of the building though, can't go wrong.

Personal favourites on a budget are 200's near centre (or anywhere in the 200's really, it is the best level for viewing) and lower 300's middle to corners. Right behind the net in the 300s are okay, but the far net gets to be pretty far away as you ascend the 300's.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
All good suggestions here. The only less-than-ideal seats are the ones in the 300's next to the stairs where you have to look through that glass stuff at the bottom of the staircases. I've had those seats once and they kinda sucked. The rest of the building though, can't go wrong.

Personal favourites on a budget are 200's near centre (or anywhere in the 200's really, it is the best level for viewing) and lower 300's middle to corners. Right behind the net in the 300s are okay, but the far net gets to be pretty far away as you ascend the 300's.

Not quite certain if it's the same for all people. But I find if you get tickets in the first lower half of the section (rows A-L?) closer to the center (seats 13ish) that it's for the most part out of your view. It also depends on how tall you are. The shorter you are, the harder of a time you'll have seeing over obstacles.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not quite certain if it's the same for all people. But I find if you get tickets in the first lower half of the section (rows A-L?) closer to the center (seats 13ish) that it's for the most part out of your view. It also depends on how tall you are. The shorter you are, the harder of a time you'll have seeing over obstacles.

I'm 6'7 and the glass bits did not escape me... lol

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I'm 6'7 and the glass bits did not escape me... lol

I sit havign to look through the pane of glass quite a bit in Row A of the 300s. It does not bother me one bit. I prefer the aisle anyways as it's so much eaiser to pop out for things. It's not perfect an aisle seat 300s in row A without the glass would be though.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Only sit in the high 300's if you are in shape. If you are not, or have a kid with you, do not do it.

I would not invest in the 100's.

300's middle section first few rows are good.
The 200's are great, sometimes they cost as much as the 100's.
One perk to the 100's is you get food service. It adds to the experience I find.

Katherine

Dec 18, 2013
Turns out a guy I know splits seasons tickets with a buddy and has for sale 2 seats for either buffalo on feb 6 or Nashville on march 10, section 216 row C. $225 includes a reserved parking spot in lot 4.

The guy selling tells me Nashville could be good as it will be a returning game for former fan favorite mike Fischer who got traded to Nashville.

Can anyone give me feedback on which game is preferable most likely? I like Nashville if Mike Fischer will be returning, but Buffalo's game over a month earlier, so I'm not which is best. Later in the season can be more exciting maybe?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Good seats and free parking is handy.

Personally, I would do the Nashville one, but then again, I have seen Buffalo play like 5 times in the last 3 years.

Katherine

Dec 18, 2013
Darn it, The March 10 game is a Monday night which won't work with this guys work schedule. I'll have to do the February 6th game which is a Thursday night. Too bad, no choice really.

Katherine

Dec 18, 2013
I don't know enough about hockey, but this guy i'm buying the tickets for is a die hard Sens fan, and I'm not sure if you're joking about the Ottawa 67s tickets or not.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Do NOT go to the Jets game. They're painfully boring.

Buddy can't make work arrangements nearly 3 months in advance of the NAS game?

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
is it only me but 225$ for a pair of 200s tickets seems really high...especially for Nashville or Buffalo...maybe I read that wrong but im sure you can find a pair on stubhub for 3 times less that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad