Can Someone Give Me A "Sens This Week"/ Around The NHL This Week summary?

Milan the God*

- Anderson got injured today although it doesn't look serious. He left in OT and didn't come back. Sens lost in a shootout after coming back from a two-goal deficit and also a one-goal deficit in the third after Boro (who got called up...played in place of Gryba) scored on his own net. Bobby Ryan tied it with 9 seconds left.

- In the game vs the Islanders, we blew a 2-0 lead and a 4-2 lead. Condra got injured when he actually scored a goal. We lost in a shootout. MacArthur got his first as a Senator.

- We lost to Chicago 6-5. We had a 4-2 lead at one point and let in four straight and lost the game. Toews had a natural hat trick.

- There was a rumour about the Sens moving a goalie to Florida for a defenseman. Not sure how reliable the source is.

- The attendance today was 18k, but against the Islanders on Friday night was down to 15.5k

- Phil Kessel got into a fight against Alex Burrows. It was a crappy fight, but yeah. They got shutout by Luongo 4-0 and Bolland is out very long-term with an injury.

- Flyers lost 7-0 to the Caps (Ovechkin-less) and started a brawl. Emery fought Holtby (who was unwilling and unprepared) and ragged on him hard. Lecavlier and Downie both left the game injured. Oh yeah, Downie is a Flyer again after Philly sent Talbot to Colorado.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Boro (who got called up...played in place of Gryba)
How has he looked? I haven't been terribly impressed with him over the last few years, but if his dressing-room presence is to be believed (a huge plus in that area, massively liked by teammates, etc...), then he might bring some positives to a slumping team right now.

- There was a rumour about the Sens moving a goalie to Florida for a defenseman. Not sure how reliable the source is.
Any more details?

Bolland is out very long-term with an injury.

The Leafs CLEARLY don't have enough enforcers on the team. If they had a nuclear deterrent like Matt Kassian on their team, this never would have happened, right? Because having goons means your star players never get targeted, right? Because that's why you have enforcers, right?

... right?

Emery fought Holtby (who was unwilling and unprepared) and ragged on him hard... Oh yeah, Downie is a Flyer again after Philly sent Talbot to Colorado.

1) Typical Emery
2) Did Joe Sakic have a stroke, and call Holmgren from the ambulance while hopped up on meds to make that deal? That's the only way that it makes any sense from an Avs point of view. Holmgren (in a rare instance of job competency) fleeced Colorado HARD.

Milan the God*

How has he looked? I haven't been terribly impressed with him over the last few years, but if his dressing-room presence is to be believed (a huge plus in that area, massively liked by teammates, etc...), then he might bring some positives to a slumping team right now.

I actually liked his game tonight. He was throwing some solid checks, playing solid in his own zone and not making any stupid mistakes (which is a huge plus for our blue line!). The puck was in front of the net and he went to clear it to the corner on his backhand and it went five hole on Andy. But yeah...I thought he was solid.

Any more details?

To be honest, I don't think it's happening. It was a lower-key source (personally, I had never heard of them. Yost retweeted them) and I haven't really heard anything since.

The Leafs CLEARLY don't have enough enforcers on the team. If they had a nuclear deterrent like Matt Kassian on their team, this never would have happened, right? Because having goons means your star players never get targeted, right? Because that's why you have enforcers, right?

... right?

:laugh:

I think it was the same injury as Karlsson had last season, so it's pretty scary. Although I vividly remember Leaf fans bringing signs that were mocking Karlsson for the injury, so I guess those same fans are pretty upset right now. Funny how that works.

1) Typical Emery
2) Did Joe Sakic have a stroke, and call Holmgren from the ambulance while hopped up on meds to make that deal? That's the only way that it makes any sense from an Avs point of view. Holmgren (in a rare instance of job competency) fleeced Colorado HARD.

Not even sure, man. When I first heard it I couldn't believe it. Downie is a top six player who will score, agitate and play a physical game. Talbot is an overpaid bottom six forward who's not bad but not very great. Roy was mentioning Talbot's playoff experience...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad