Can or will Sullivan be fired?

What would it take for Sullivan to get fired?

• Another 2-5 game skid (2023)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 6-10 game skid (2023)

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 11-15 game skid (2023)

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • 16+ straight losses

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 2-5 game skid (2024) w/significant standings impact

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 6-10 game skid (2024) - likely automatically out of playoff picture

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 11+ game skid (2024) - likely automatically out of playoff picture

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • DUI / Domestic Abuse / Other major off-ice incident

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Sullivan can't be fired and will remain the coach for the remainder of his contract

Votes: 38 45.2%
  • Another loss in the first round (lol) 2024

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe if he starts checking guys phones, but even then, he would have to be sending them dick pics or something lol…performance at his job, which is minimal, apparently is not a prerequisite for firing him, as we’ve seen…

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe if he starts checking guys phones, but even then, he would have to be sending them dick pics or something lol…performance at his job, which is minimal, apparently is not a prerequisite for firing him, as we’ve seen…
This organization loves Sullivan so much that even in that case, they'd be all "well the player shouldn't have opened the pic if he didn't want to see it. Not Sullivan's fault".

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I'm happy to pull a Jusse Smollet and accuse Sully of racism or whatever we can to get him run out of town

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I seriously believe he is immortal here. He still has the long and expensive contract going. Guy has like 7 terrible seasons in a row with this core and he is still here in a very firm position. There is no indication that things will change anytime soon. But I am not gonna watch a single Penguins game until he is fired. Never missed the game for 13 years. I have been here supporting the team under Mike Johnston, watching games at 4AM in Europe, never missed the single game. I am done now, enough is enough.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If he's untouchable then maybe he gets "promoted" into management instead.

We've changed owners, gms, half the team, and the results are the same... actually they're getting worse. There's only one more move to make before we can say it's truly over.

Reactions: FlyingPenguin

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Dude must have mastered the skill of bullshitting in interviews. Despite his horrid results somehow everyone that comes across him sings his praises. FSG exists to make money but will keep employing a guy that hasnt had an ounce of success in almost 6 years.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Dude must have mastered the skill of bullshitting in interviews. Despite his horrid results somehow everyone that comes across him sings his praises. FSG exists to make money but will keep employing a guy that hasnt had an ounce of success in almost 6 years.
It's simply the culture of NHL coaching. He lucked into winning the Cup twice, back to back. Guys like Ruff make a living for like 25 years just getting to the Finals once. Sullivan's got enough leash to go around the globe about 100 times. :laugh:

If FSG decides he's finally to be fired, I'm sure it'll be like when the team bought out Jack Johnson and it was a begrudging, teary goodbye. And if Sullivan wants, he'll have another job within a week.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sullivan " in alot of these losses I thought at times we were the better team"

He has said this before AND that can be said about every game ever played by both teams . No team is the better team for all 60 minutes.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just think it’s funny that Sam Lafferty has 2 goals and that’s 2 goals more than any player on L4 has here…also Ian Cole and Mark Friedman are the Canucks second pair defenders…and the Canucks are beating the Preds tonight and will have a 6-2-1 record while the Pens are the opposite…tells you that fitting players into the right roles with proper ice times and line mates, and in the proper fit system wise, is way more important than people think…at least when talking about non elite players…and Sullivan doesn’t know this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad