Can McDavid score 50 goals?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Too bad AM got injured, I think that despite the hot start McD would had scored more than AM over the full season...

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
McDavid is overrated on here. Surely, he’s the best player in the league. Nobody disputes that.

But people on here spewing sensationalism is kinda ridiculous, saying he can score 70 or 80 goals. The most he’s ever hit is 41.

Reactions: snipes and Son Goku

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It’s not just his speed, it’s also like Gretzky, his endurance and capacity to play full speed for an entire shift and game.

End of a 1:00+ shift tonight making Suter look like a beer leaguer

I think I spotted you in the crowd. Jk, that goal was sick.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Mcdavid could hit 70 if he was on say, Tampa bay.

I’m not going to say regularly or easily but I really believe if he shot more and was on Tampa or Pittsburgh or whoever (Toronto San Jose) mcdavid would be able to put up a season of 70 57 127.

In his prime and once or twice, this wouldn’t be a regular thing but I think he’s capable of that.

I mean Ovechkin got 65 ten years ago, this is just five more and I remember I’m talking about once or twice, in his prime and on a high scoring team.

As for this year.

He could get 60. But that might not be realistic Right now in his career and on the oilers presently however if he did do it I wouldn’t be shocked, but of course I’d be impressed.

So yes I believe he could hit fifty. He improved by ten goals last year so if he does that again, then ...he’s at fifty.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
McDavid is overrated on here. Surely, he’s the best player in the league. Nobody disputes that.

But people on here spewing sensationalism is kinda ridiculous, saying he can score 70 or 80 goals. The most he’s ever hit is 41.

The most he’s ever hit is 41... in his first two full seasons. In his first two full seasons in the league he is 2/2 with Art Ross titles. I don’t think it’s sensationalism to acknowledge the fact that it is very likely we have yet to see peak McDavid and 60+ goals is not unrealistic.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017

The most he’s ever hit is 41... in his first two full seasons. In his first two full seasons in the league he is 2/2 with Art Ross titles. I don’t think it’s sensationalism to acknowledge the fact that it is very likely we have yet to see peak McDavid and 60+ goals is not unrealistic.

60 is pushing it, but possible.

70 and 80 as others suggest is mindlessly exaggerating.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
60 is pushing it, but possible.

70 and 80 as others suggest is mindlessly exaggerating.

I believe 80 is practically unobtainable in today’s NHL but if anyone has a real shot at breaking 70 it’s McDavid. Over his last 45 games he has scored at pace that would put him at 67g over 82 games. That’s a sample size of over half a season and most of which consist of even strength goals due to the 31st ranked powerplay last year. If the Oilers powerplay even improves to be sitting around league average it is not just possible, but very likely that we see a significant increase in McDavids already incredible scoring rate.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
He needs to score at a 47 goal pace the rest of the way to do it. I'd say that's doable. Especially since he hasn't even gotten hot yet. He has 5 goals in his last 5 games but he also hasn't had a ton of bounces go his way.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
McDavid can and will hit at least 50 this year IMO. He literally stated that he wanted to score more goals after he already scored 41. McDavid probably wants the Rocket Richard and will get it.

McDavid is now the designated goal scorer on his line with RNH taking some of the playmaking and defensive coverage burden off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad