Can KHL ever become profitable?Does the league even want to become profitable?

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
Actually that growth says a lot about their potential, which is immense. And ticket sales are not an option due to the different level of salaries, they can't squeeze 120 bucks per ticket out of ordinary people. And they've already reached 99% attendance.

And again, like I've already mentioned in my previous post, they already cover all their expenses on marketing, production, leases, etc. So yes, they spend a lot of money on all that stuff, but they earn even more. So others should strive for it, even if they will only break even at first.

Obviously player salaries are too big right now, but nonetheless, I'd say earning $15mln part of that enormous budget, without the TV money (which should be resolved in the near future) and sponsor contracts, is pretty damn good.

Oh for sure earning $15mln is extremely good. It could even cover some entire budgets like Avto or full top VHL teams but my point is that there is no way you are earning this money without investing a multiple of that first. Only an amount of teams that you can count on one hand can invest this kind of money into brand promotion/expansion.

if its 99% capacity, demand is larger than supply, so you can charge whatever you want as long as that is true. In any geographical location. You think average Canadians can regularly afford to watch the TML? :laugh: How do you think the prices got so high? Same thing, high demand.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yes, Avto can't afford it, but there are plenty of other rich teams who can, but somehow don't bother with it. Well, you can say - why bother when they have unlimited resource of easy money... I'm pretty sure that's how they think. Especially those guys in Kazan. I've read some of their interviews, they're still stuck 30 years behind.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Yes, Avto can't afford it, but there are plenty of other rich teams who can, but somehow don't bother with it. Well, you can say - why bother when they have unlimited resource of easy money... I'm pretty sure that's how they think. Especially those guys in Kazan. I've read some of their interviews, they're still stuck 30 years behind.

sad, especially in Kazan, where would be no problem to invest extra money into marketing etc. Traktor opened new shop somewhere in shopping center of Chelyabinsk a few days ago (plus club´s museum in Arena Traktor). I dont know how many shops Traktor has, I would say they have one in Arena? if they decided to open new one, good for them. You wrote similar case of SKA and its new shop in city.

Kazan seems to do better job at social networks (VKontakt, youtube) this play-off. Is it only temporary thing?

Hope more teams will follow SKA´s example.

metmag

Mar 4, 2013

Less than 5 teams. Buy I agree with you. Mentality is more important than cash in this case

ult

Sep 21, 2009
So, for semifinals SKA have raised the prices, up to 600-2000 rubles per ticket ($20-$65). Still sold out, obviously, but fans are "displeased".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad