Can Jordan Eberle Reach 70 Points?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd expect him to score in the 60-65 Pt range, 70 isn't entirely outlandish, just needs either great chemistry with Tavares or more then his fair share of puck luck.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
He's done it before, but doubt it will happen while playing responsible defensively. Needs some puck magic and shooting ability to return in order to make 70 pts. He has scored goals no goalie would have stopped and that seems a rare, valuable gift with how good goalies are now. examples: backhand post in, picking corners, deking for groin pulls.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I don't know about 70 points.. but I do think he might crack 30 goals again. So maybe.. If he finds his old stick maybe he can also find his old snipe.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He definitely will on the Islanders, if not only because he's now off a team that was too dumb to use the 2C model and stacked their top line instead, he's now on a team that is probably more balanced and will get a chance to be on a powerplay with JT.

I still can't believe how badly Snow has owned Edmonton. I mean, you almost have to laugh if you're an Isles fan that Snow was able to fleece a GM that hilariously twice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know about 70 points.. but I do think he might crack 30 goals again. So maybe.. If he finds his old stick maybe he can also find his old snipe.

:laugh:

Wait, so he's able to hit 76pts on a poorly developed and run oilers team, had his numbers drop big time last season because his coach couldn't understand how to use Leon and McDavid the proper way until the playoffs (depth? who needs that?), so he can't do it on the Isles who will likely put him in a better situation?

I mean..:laugh:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I hope he does. He was the whipping boy in Edmonton. Plus who wouldn't prefer living in NY over Edmonton! And Tavares is a complete player...much easier to play with a guy who has a complete game. Jordan is going to love the East, lesser flight times, much better life style, etc. I be they are thrilled to go to NY.
How many Selke votes did he get over McDavid :laugh:

JXndBZk.gif

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Funny is the fact that your argument is literally just that. How many Selke votes did he get?

It's too bad Tavares doesn't have a talent like Draisaitl on his line to pump his tires.
Tavares had same amount of 1st place votes 1 same as McDavid 9(Tavares) he had more overall votes . Tavares plays a good 2 way game so Does McDavid . That has nothing to do with Eberle though it's style . McDavid is 2 fast for Eberle and enters the zone a lot faster by the time Eberle catches up teams already have him covered. This is where Tavares will be better suited for him as he is more of a 1on 1 players who creates the room to dish off. Maroon did good with McDavid because he drove the net hard and Draisaitl is a beast to get the puck from and great on boards. Eberle will do better with Tavares because of playing style not JT defensive game

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The same Jordan Eberle who went what 22-23 games straight without scoring a goal? I mean he's a top candidate for a bounce back no doubt but this if you watched him at all the last 2 seasons he is not the same player who hit 70 5 years ago. Would be super surprised to even see 60. 50-55 is more reasonable

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I think that playing with JT will actually help Eberle. I'm not saying that JT is better than McDavid, I just think Eberle will do better playing alongside someone with Tavares' skillset.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Nobody here has a crystal ball. Why ask questions that nobody can possibly answer?

probably from World Jr's

Also why are people expecting Eberle to hit 70 when Tavares is barely hitting it on the Isles?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad