Confirmed with Link: Can I Buy a Vowel? Blues sign Martin Frk for 1yr/2 way/$750k

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We've been killing it with forward depth signings. They definitely are bringing in competition for Neighbours. We've gotten several guys who could earn a spot anywhere from AHL stud to 3rd line on the Blues. All have warts, but all have potential relative to the cheap contract. And a bunch have NHL experience.

Reactions: TK 421 and Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
We've been killing it with forward depth signings. They definitely are bringing in competition for Neighbours. We've gotten several guys who could earn a spot anywhere from AHL stud to 3rd line on the Blues. All have warts, but all have potential relative to the cheap contract. And a bunch have NHL experience.
Competition breeds success. Love it.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Frk this.

Just kidding. Someone had to make this joke. So I decided to be the frst.
tenor.gif

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I can see him playing up here with the team. He's not bad and he's got a cannon of a shot. Might see some PP time as the trigger guy if needed. I like this pick up a lot.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Can anyone who has seen him play recently comment on his one-timer ability? That's the only way I could see him being useful on the PP.

bluesReport18

Jul 14, 2022
Can anyone who has seen him play recently comment on his one-timer ability? That's the only way I could see him being useful on the PP.
His one-timer is his go to shot. When people say it's one of the hardest shots in the league it really is. If he makes the team I wouldn't mind putting him in perrons old spot on the PP. Look up some of his highlights lots of very very powerful shots that the goalie just can't save I have no clue why he's not in the NHL consistently he's way to good for the AHL as you saw with 40 goals in less then 60 games. I'm really excited that he's a blue!

Not a one-time but it just shows how good his slap shot is

Last edited:
Reactions: mk80

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Wings fan coming in peace. He is a good depth signing. He won't wow you or anything, but you got him for a decent price. We had high hopes for him back in the Holland era. It's weird how we keep ending up with each other's players.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Wings fan coming in peace. He is a good depth signing. He won't wow you or anything, but you got him for a decent price. We had high hopes for him back in the Holland era. It's weird how we keep ending up with each other's players.

It sure seems like Yzerman and Armstrong are BFFs.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
With that shot you’d think he could be a 3rd line guy that could see PP time. Should be a 20-25 goal, 45-50 point guy. Call me a sucker but I have hopes for him - ha

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It sure seems like Yzerman and Armstrong are BFFs.
Living in STL while being a Wings fan was "fun" in the 90s, 2000s, and early 2010s. Nowadays, it warms my heart when I hear my family, friends and other Blues fans say "Hey. We effing hate Chicago and Colorado too!" How times have changed. Lol. The rivalry back in the 90s was always a fun one, and it was obvious both teams had respect of each other's talent. It's not the same now that my guys are in the Eastern Conference.
That said, I'll root for you as my favorite Western Conference team.
LGRW

With that shot you’d think he could be a 3rd line guy that could see PP time. Should be a 20-25 goal, 45-50 point guy. Call me a sucker but I have hopes for him - ha
Teemu Pulkkinen was another guy we had around the same time that, like Frk, had a hell of a shot. He sadly never met those similar expectations of 20-30 goals, like most of Holland's picks around that time. I'm so thankful Captain Stevie runs things now.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Living in STL while being a Wings fan was "fun" in the 90s, 2000s, and early 2010s. Nowadays, it warms my heart when I hear my family, friends and other Blues fans say "Hey. We effing hate Chicago and Colorado too!" How times have changed. Lol. The rivalry back in the 90s was always a fun one, and it was obvious both teams had respect of each other's talent. It's not the same now that my guys are in the Eastern Conference.
That said, I'll root for you as my favorite Western Conference team.
LGRW

Teemu Pulkkinen was another guy we had around the same time that, like Frk, had a hell of a shot. He sadly never met those similar expectations of 20-30 goals, like most of Holland's picks around that time. I'm so thankful Captain Stevie runs things now.
I was trying to think of Pulkkinen’s name. I thought of him too when thinking of Frk but couldn’t remember the name. I think Frk has shown more NHL success than Pulky. 8 goals in his last 23 NHL games. Not bad. And coming off 40 goals in 58 AHL games. Maybe there’s still hope.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’d love to see him succeed

Always remember going to Moose games right before Drouin and Mac came along when it was Frks team

I do believe them coming along and taking all the forward icetime and opportunity really flatlined his all around development in Juniors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad