Can Dallas come out of the west ?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It's hockey... you get a hot goalie and you have a chance.

Dallas has the luxury of also having a pretty good roster. I wouldn't call them a juggernaut but at the same time it wouldn't be a shocker if they won it all.

There's no clear powerhouse in the league overall but there are a handful of teams that are legit contenders and they are one of them (along with teams like NYR, COL, FLA and VGK if they get their shit together soon).

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Which is the decision of the coaching staff. Under Bowness the Stars were a physical grinding team that hit alot . The core didn't change that from 2 years ago. DeBoer just doesn't want the team to play that physical so they don't. The roster could though

Which has also led to an astoundingly low amount of injuries last year and this year. From a health and minutes played perspective there is no team primed like Dallas heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I don’t understand why this is even a thread. Is there anybody that would say no? Of course Dallas can come out of the West. Several teams in the Weat could do it and they are obviously one of them. Several posts have said pretty much the same thing.

Reactions: Spirits

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
No need to get sensitive. Leafs were 100% soft in the in the past and they were called out for it too. This year they have completely changed up the dynamic of the team to fix it

Seeing the leafs in the past is why Im comfortable in saying that the Stars are soft and I dont see them going far because of it.

We were also convincing ourselves by using metrics like "height" and "weight" for the leafs in the past. That doesnt matter if your team doesn't play a heavy/physical game. From the games Ive watched Dallas play, I havent see them play that heavy game at all. They're bottom 10 in hits and their game shows it

Also, this is just my opinion. Its fine if you disagree. If the stars make it to the Western Conference finals I'll happily eat crow. I got nothing against the stars. I'll be cheering for them

I don't think he's being sensitive, just confused at such a bad take. I'm guessing you didn't watch them in the playoffs last year? If you had, you would have seen the series against Minnesota which was unquestionably the most physical series of the post-season. How do you think we won that series exactly? Not only that, after we took a beating from Minnesota physically, we went on to win another series.

I'm not sure why Dallas would be foolish enough to run up the miles on the team in the regular season either. Especially when they're comfortably sitting in a playoff spot and contending for the president's trophy.

I'd start preparing that bird now.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
If it wasn't for the existence of Colorado, I'd say they are the favorites with the amount of depth they have.

Reactions: Aurinko

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I don't think he's being sensitive, just confused at such a bad take. I'm guessing you didn't watch them in the playoffs last year? If you had, you would have seen the series against Minnesota which was unquestionably the most physical series of the post-season. How do you think we won that series exactly? Not only that, after we took a beating from Minnesota physically, we went on to win another series.

I'm not sure why Dallas would be foolish enough to run up the miles on the team in the regular season either. Especially when they're comfortably sitting in a playoff spot and contending for the president's trophy.

I'd start preparing that bird now.
Dallas does not play a heavy game. Like at all. Minnesota was the more physically imposing team in that series

Their top stars play soft north south skill game. In the playoffs its gonna get dirty and hard checking

But their talent and skill is impeccable and could easily propel them to the WCF

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Dallas does not play a heavy game. Like at all. Minnesota was the more physically imposing team in that series

Their top stars play soft north south skill game. In the playoffs its gonna get dirty and hard checking

But their talent and skill is impeccable and could easily propel them to the WCF

Roope, Robo, Marchment, Benn, and hell even Seguin aren’t what you call soft. They all play with an edge

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia

So if Minnesota was more physically imposing..why did the Stars win in 6?

Maybe it's a myth how hard Edge you have to play.

Smart, fast, physical in playoffs yes

Need to be imposing? Remains to be seen

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Maybe not heavy game, but they are one of the heavier teams. Skill and experience are also on their side.

1711692370505.png

Reactions: MBTendy

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well they'd have to be stoked to play the Kings

could play wedgewood every game and be done in a week

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well they'd have to be stoked to play the Kings

could play wedgewood every game and be done in a week

Would be great to face the Kings in round 1 with how we dominated them this year but Kings remaining schedule is so easy that i'm not convinced this is going to hold. Outside of 1 game each against Canucks and Jets the remaining Kings schedule is a gimmie. 2x Flames , 2x Ducks and then also a game each against Sharks and Hawks. Vegas remaining schedule is so much tougher

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would be great to face the Kings in round 1 with how we dominated them this year but Kings remaining schedule is so easy that i'm not convinced this is going to hold. Outside of 1 game each against Canucks and Jets the remaining Kings schedule is a gimmie. 2x Flames , 2x Ducks and then also a game each against Sharks and Hawks. Vegas remaining schedule is so much tougher

If there's one thing I've learned from decades of Kings hockey, it's never underestimate their ability to do things the hardest way possible

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Otter doesn’t even have to be elite for the Stars to win the cup. He just has to be good/reliable.

I think he needs to show flashes of elite play in the playoffs. Adin Hill isn’t an elite goalie but last playoffs he had short bursts of elite play here and there and without it, I’m not sure Vegas even gets past Edmonton in Round 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad