Can Dallas come out of the west ?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well they certainly can’t come out of the East, ayuk, ayuk, ahooo!

*slaps knee*

They’re pretty good though.

fozzie-bear-wow.gif

Ok, I chuckled.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
They are certainly good enough, but the West is loaded. I could see pretty anyone getting through, or getting bounced in round 1. Pretty scary when your potential opponents are Jet/Avs if you don't win the division, or you get 1)team on a16 game point streak 2)defending champs with players coming back as a a reward for winning the division.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I mean sure, but the way I see it there isnt a favourite in the west. Theres far too many good teams and extenuating factors (like if Vegas is "healthy" at the right time, if a goalie goes on a heater etc). Demko, Hellebuyck, Oettinger, etc are all good enough to carry their teams all the way so if they get as hot as they can it could be enough.

I wouldnt give Dallas any higher a chance than I'd give anyone else, other than maybe Nashville and they arent weak either. Also Minny and STL could overtake Vegas if Vegas keeps playing like they have in their last 10.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
They definitely have the roster. Deep team who's high end talent is spread across positions. West is loaded, but with no clear favorite I give the Stars as good a chance as any team.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Depends on Oettinger. If we get current regular season Oettinger, we may not even make it out of the 1st round.

Arguably the weakest goaltending duo in the West, unfortunately.
No matter how bad one thinks Otter is, Dallas has a long way to go before their duo is worse than LA or EDM

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
From just having watched teams play the Canes, the Dallas Stars are for us the hardest team to play. They are especially well disciplined defensively. Their forwards commit. They have lots of talent at forward. Oettinger may be a wild card but he has the ability to be a top 5 goalie in the league, at least for short stretches. That new Harley kid is a gem. I really dig the heavy game they play. They're my pick to win the championship.

I think the best teams in the league are

Florida
Dallas
Hurricanes
Colorado
Rangers

in that order.
Thats great news for the Jets as they are 7-2-1 against those 5 teams this year. 7-0-1 if you remove Dallas.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Going to be interesting to see which goalies end up the scapegoats out west. Winnipeg and Vancouver are in good shape but they also rely more heavily on them. Pretty much everyone else is a question mark. We’ll see some .750 games out of guys that end up getting bounced and I have no idea who it’ll be.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
The West is so hard to predict, but the Stars were my choice over the summer.

I think they have the most forward depth, above average D, tonnes of vet leadership, and lots of young guns. They feel like the 2016 Pens, imo.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Too soft. Talent is incredible but way too soft of a team.

We've seen time and time again grit matters and I think they gonna get bullied in the playoffs against bigger and more physical teams

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I like their chances. Colorado, Winnipeg or maybe Vegas if they get their act together would be tough but I wouldn't consider them favorites against the Stars.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Dallas and colorado probably the favourites with outside shots of EDM VAN WIN

Darkhorse for me is VGK. dont think LA or nashville has the horses this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad