Can Any Team Match Boston's Injuries?

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Bruins missing due to injury for tonight's game against the Wild include:

Krejci (upper body, just placed in IR)
Marchand (upper body)
Backes (2 month recovery after colon surgery)
Spooner (2 months, groin adductor tear)
Accari (fractured finger, started skating)
McQuaid (2 months, broken fibula)
Khudobin (minor, undisclosed)

All of these players are in the starting lineup when healthy. Also missing multiple games this year due to inury are Bergeron and Krug.

Does any team come close to having this many regulars out of the lineup? With the high number of rookies we had already, the team we are icing tonight looks like an AHL squad.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Fabbri- done for year after re-tearing his ACL
Bouwmeester- broken ankle, hasn’t played a game
Berglund- shoulder surgery in the offseason, probably another month away.
Sanford- hurt his shoulder in camp, likely to miss the season.

Steen also missed the first couple games with a hand injury. I know Minnesota is also super banged up, so yeah, there’s teams with rough injury situations.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
There was a twitter post last week with the top 5 teams in terms of man hours lost and I think Boston was at #2 behind Anaheim. Wouldn't be surprised if they jumped up to #1 now. Just a brutal year so far.

Edit: I would post the tweet if I knew how to. If someone else has it and can post it that would be great!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks are without kesler getzlaf fowler right now... our 1c last game was grant.

Gibson miller vatanen lindholm bieska also missed some significant time.. i think were 10 games above blues in mangames lost to injuries, and majority of those are between kesler lindholm getzlaf vatanen fowler gibson and miller... been a very ugly injury bug in anaheim but were keeping psce

1 game our defense was manson, montour, bieska, beauchmin, holzer and megna if i remember correctly

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa has had a rough go, but I don't think they match up.

- Karlsson started the year on IR (missed 5 games)
- MacArthur failed his medical (if that counts)
- White broke his wrist in pre-season, just got back and was assigned to Belleville to get up to speed
- Oduya hurt in game 1, missed 3 games
- Harpur called up to replace Oduya, injured that same game (missed about 5).
- Ryan broke his finger, on IR (out 5-6 weeks I think)
- Smith missed 3 with and UBI
- Turris out a couple games with the "flu" (I think it was because he was getting traded)
- Boroweicki out with an unknown illness, missed 3 straight and they don't think he'll travel to Sweden for the two games vs Colorado

Reactions: llamateizer

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Injury bug has certainly made its way to New Jersey, but I don't think we're worse off than Boston.

We're missing half of our top-6: Kyle Palmieri (upper body), Travis Zajac (torn pec, off-season surgery) and Marcus Johansson (concussion).

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
While not as many or as big names as Boston. Buffalo has had massive problems with injuries to the Defense. Right now we have Ristolainen, Bogosian, Gorges and Beaulieu out. All four are starters (Gorges is borderline 6/7). Also have Justin Falk out though he's close to returning. That makes it 5 out of our top 8 Defenseman out..... That hurts alot.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Krug missed pre-season with a broken jaw and just took off the full face visor 2 games ago, Miller is playing with a cast for a bit and Bergeron missed time too. Our top center for a bit was Nash and Backes who stopped played center when he came to Boston and was recovering from diverticulitis. Rask was out with a concussion too for a few games. The team is icing 5 or 6 rookies most nights and some AHL journeymen

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Vegas' goaltending injuries are pretty notable too.

Good call. Because of the importance of the position, it might actually be worse having to go to your fourth goalie even if you have an otherwise healthy roster. Vegas was rolling until Legace took over.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Good call. Because of the importance of the position, it might actually be worse having to go to your fourth goalie even if you have an otherwise healthy roster. Vegas was rolling until Legace took over.

The importance of the position combined with Vegas' thin prospect pool due to being an expansion team really exacerbate the issue.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Ducks are without kesler getzlaf fowler right now... our 1c last game was grant.

Gibson miller vatanen lindholm bieska also missed some significant time.. i think were 10 games above blues in mangames lost to injuries, and majority of those are between kesler lindholm getzlaf vatanen fowler gibson and miller... been a very ugly injury bug in anaheim but were keeping psce

1 game our defense was manson, montour, bieska, beauchmin, holzer and megna if i remember correctly
Forgot Eaves

Reactions: Getz2perry

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
This is not an area I want my team to win.

St. Louis has done incredibly well in spite of their injuries. Props to them.
The Ducks have lost a lot of key players.

Kings lost Carter, Gaborik, Clifford, Fantenberg and Martinez, At least Martinez and Fantenberg are back.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
A couple of games ago they said that only the Ducks had it worse so far in the season. But I get a feeling that we might be in sole possession of #1 now. Hope we weather the storm, somehow.

On the brighter side (as in knowing why this is going on), one Leafs fan in another thread said - in reply to me mentioning the Bruins injuries this season - that it was normal because our player are over 30. Gotta be that. /s

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Bruins forwards without injuries: (most likely)
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krecji-Pastrnak
***-Spooner-Backes
Kuraly-Acciari-Nash
***Belesky/Vatrano/Schaller/Heinen as 3LW & extra skaters

Bruins forwards tonight:
Bjork - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Schaller - Kuraly - Heinen
DeBrusk - Szwarz - Vatrano
Beleskey - Nash - Czarnik

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
what happened to the big bad boston bruins that bullied their way to a cup in 2011

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Bruins forwards without injuries: (most likely)
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krecji-Pastrnak
***-Spooner-Backes
Kuraly-Acciari-Nash
***Belesky/Vatrano/Schaller/Heinen as 3LW & extra skaters

Bruins forwards tonight:
Bjork - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Schaller - Kuraly - Heinen
DeBrusk - Szwarz - Vatrano
Beleskey - Nash - Czarnik

Bergeron will probably get more points than all 4 Ducks centers from the last few games combined. At various points the Ducks have been missing (for multiple games) #1 C, #2 C, #1 RW, #4 RW, #1 D, #2 D, #3/4 D, #2 G. That's half the top 6 (including probably the 2 most important members of that top 6), and over half the top 4 having missed significant time to start the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad