Can a die hard blues fan answer this question?

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
I'm only 24 but I did want to give my 2 cents on the win. I don't think it would have meant as much to any other city. The headlines haven't really been kind to St. Louis the past few years. From everything in Ferguson, to the crime, to our local government (County and City) to being called a bad sports city by someone named after our greatest sports hero. It's been pretty divisive times lately. We haven't really had too much to celebrate as a city. It's just crazy to see how a sports team can bring a city together like this. We needed this. We needed something to rally around and we got it and I couldn't be happier.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I'm sorry one of our fan base came to your board, made a thread and made it about us ( no wonder we are hated) like seriously bro?

You guys are classy as **** to not only respond to him nicely but to also not run him or us down.

Seriously, give your head a shake op. You could of commented( like every other fan base) in the championship thread.

My post definitely wasn’t malicious, and I was congratulating them as well.

You are way off base here and I highly doubt any human being with any sort of functional brain would ever, EVER agree with you.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I'm 30. To this second I can't believe it happened. I honestly thought I'd never see the day.

I said this on the main board but this feeling for me is second only to my son being born. It's one of the greatest feelings ever.
This is pretty close to what I was thinking people would say. 2nd only to the birth of their kids.

I’m so happy for you guys.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
Blues fan for 50 years. I've been trying to describe my feelings today but I just can't think of the right words. Joy, relief, pride, none of them are adequate or really come close. I've finally decided that the English language just doesn't have the right word. Let's just say I'm feeling pretty good and leave it at that.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I have been following the Blues since the late 80s. I went to game 4 for this series, drove 8 hours from Toledo with my family to do it. The energy was like nothing I have ever seen, and I have seen lots of sporting events, playoff games. It was something I will carry with me forever.

The truth is I will not like ever make a trip to St. Louis again to see the Blues play. I will watch them in Columbus and Detroit, but not intentionally travel to St. louis. No other game will ever quite match what I saw in game 4 live. The environment was incredible. Everyone hanging on every second and every shot. Holding their breath with every chance against the Blues...... Nothing will ever compare sports wise.

I can't quite explain the feeling I have right now. It is crazy and hard to imagine. Hope, energy excitement..... AND true Joy.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I'm 25 and threw myself into the sport when I was around 13 years old. I always knew about the Blues growing up, but I didn't become heavily invested until I was a bit older. The thing for me is that I became so emotionally invested in this team and the sport in general that it is just hard to put into words being a fan of a championship team in route to their first win ever. It hasn't even set in yet, but just the elation of FINALLY knowing what it's like to have relevance I guess is what's crazy. Knowing that you're team did the unthinkable and having this emotional tie to a team is weird. I don't know, it's not the same as watching your child do great things, but in a way it kind of is. You're so happy for the team, the city, everyone who has cheered from the beginning, and for yourself, that you can now say we won the cup, THE hardest trophy to win. Again, it's so hard to put into words, but I know that this is an incredible time to be alive for Blues fans like us.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
I’m only 24 years old but to be downtown last night and to see this city of all races come together , whether if your Black,White, Asian, Indian, Hispanic brought a tear to my eye. The vibes downtown was a priceless moment and an once in a lifetime experience. It’s been a long time coming for this city and we damn sure needed this especially after that as$wipe Stan Kronke trashed this city and took my beloved Rams from us. You can call me Tony X before Tony X was Tony X lol Yes, I’m a black guy that watches hockey and it’s funny because I started watching the Blues in 08-09 when we were in last place in January and rallied behind Chris Mason and made the playoffs. I was at that game against Columbus and vividly remember seeing fans with tears of joy counting down the seconds to clinch a playoff spot. The Blues has always been second fiddle to the Cards but maybe this Stanley Cup win will propel them past the Cards for a few years. I can’t imagine what this feels like if you have been a fan since 67’. Like David Ortiz said “This is our fuc*ing city”
I’m from Da Lou and I’m Proud !!!!!!

hockensm77

Feb 21, 2015
is it better the second time? Knowing how it ends.

I immediately re-watched it after the postgame coverage ended, and couldn't stop smiling/tearing up the whole time. Could appreciate the perfection of the whole game without any of the anxiety. The relief, the joy, the Lagavulin...

Reactions: brokeu91

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
I'm 28 and have lived in Chicago my whole life. I got into hockey because of my dad. My dad grew up in Chicago, but went to college near St. Louis and started following the team in the early 80s. These last 10 or so years have been rough up here dealing with these damn hawks fans, but this makes it all worth it. I didn't know how I would react if they won, it just never felt like it was something that could happen for the Blues. I just sat there with the biggest smile on my face. Relief, jubilation, just pure 100% happiness.

And as a side note I am so damn happy the playoffs are over. My heart could not take much more. When I get home from work today I can finally shave my face again for the first time in over 2 months. Going to the final is an absolute grind emotionally.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Feels very surreal and easily the most memorable moment in my 33 year old life. If I have kids I will tell each of them that the Blues winning the Stanley Cup especially in the way they did trumps them being born

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It’s amazing. But feels super weird. When I was watching Blues players lift the Cup it felt like I was watching an EA video game. Still hard to wrap my head around the fact that they actually got it done in real life. It’s just an incredible moment.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The highlight of my 29 year life. Watched with family and then headed downtown to party.

I cried like a baby. I've spent many a night dreaming about last night and what it would feel like and it surpassed it in every way.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The only things that top this:

1. Marrying Mrs. Mud
2. The birth of my kids
3. Passing the exam in 2017 that gave me a professional credential

#3 is probably up above this because I hadn't gotten emotionally invested with the team and the playoff run like I might have in prior years, and because #3 was the culmination of years of hard work and sweat and tears that guaranteed a job somewhere for as long as I want to be an actuary.

How does it feel? Fantastic, exhilarating, confusing, surreal, ... all of that at times. I have that "can't wipe this smile off my face" look and I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I want to sit and watch replays all day long. I look at "Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues" and think "what the hell, that doesn't look right." I have thoughts that just flow at times, I'm sitting there stunned and speechless at others. I'm excited as hell for friends who were also Blues fans who finally got to experience a title with me. I want to go celebrate with friends and strangers and scream until I'm hoarse. I think to myself, "damn, if the Blues went out and won the Cup what the hell is your excuse for not getting shit done?" I want that $1 million so I can buy everything that celebrates this title.

It's a f***ing awesome feeling, and I never want this to end.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
One thing I'd like to add, is that I love seeing underdogs win, and especially teams either win their first or end a long drought, and now FINALLY I can be happy for a long suffering team to make the finals/win without any residual butthurt. The past few years have been stressful with teams possibly winning their first and I just didn't want that to happen for them before us. But now I can actually be happy for them and that's nice.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I feel complete tranquility. Peaceful joy. Not an ounce of ill-will toward anyone. A numb happiness.

Edit: Oh, and highlights on repeat.

Last edited:

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
I smiled for like 6 consecutive hours and still smile for considerable stretches of time.

After watching the highlights and the crowd celebrations, I made the last minute decision to head to St Louis for the parade.

As soon as I pulled out of my driveway for the 300 mile excursion and blasted Gloria I began screaming in my car all over again.

I knew that I needed to be with my city, around people who care about this as much as I do, rather than celebrating in a vacuum in Northern Arkansas.

As much as I've enjoyed the Cup winning moment and all the reflection, I know it won't compare to the experience when I will be counted among the Saints Marching In for that long sought March of Lord Stanley down Market Street.

I can't f***ing wait for tomorrow.

I wanted to feel the energy...and I'm gonna go f***ing crazy tomorrow!!!

We did it, guys. IT f***ING HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
To me the feeling is euphoric.

The feeling is still there.

I randomly raise both my arms in celebration. At work, in the house, out back. It's pure joy.

I work on Saturday and I found myself smiling at everyone that I saw.

I live in AZ, but I found a guy with another Blues lanyard. We high fived!

It's not the cure all, but geez I feel so happy.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
My post definitely wasn’t malicious, and I was congratulating them as well.

You are way off base here and I highly doubt any human being with any sort of functional brain would ever, EVER agree with you.
I thought this was a really great thread to start. Lots of class on your side. Well done.

But I admit I can’t totally make the call, I’m a Florida Panthers fan. Originally from Finland so I’ve played a long time, now in my 50’s but still doing the adult hockey once or twice a week.

My 11-yo daughter and I have been visiting St Louis for 3 years now, one week in July, she’s got an academic camp to attend and I go with her. We love the St Louis area and it’s easy for me to be very happy for all of the local fans. Classy, friendly people all around.

Also, as a Panthers fan, this gives me hope and it’s an inspiration to many outside the St Louis area. Enjoy! Hope to catch some of that celebratory feeling mid-July when we’re there. Cheers!

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'm still crying. Every day since whenever I've thought about it, I just... can't help it. It totally redefines how you think and see things and I dared to believe that this was our year. It's like a switch flipped in my heart and the Hockey Gods finally said "NOW you are worthy"

Greatest Blues team we will ever ice and third greatest moment of my almost 50 year life, tied for first.

I love the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad