Can a die hard blues fan answer this question?

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
How does it feel?

As a life long leafs fan, we have pretty much suffered equally. Until today, most leafs fans and no Blues fans have seen their team win a Stanley cup.

The leafs winning a cup would be the best day of my life easily, the blues being my 2nd favourite team did feel good but I know that winning is a whole other dimension.

Can you actually describe the feeling? Can you compare it to something? I feel like if I had to choose between $1,000,000 or a leafs cup win, it wouldn’t even be a contest. A cup win all day.

Congrats to you guys, so happy for Steen, Bozak, Gunny, and of course the guys who really gave it all.

GO BLUES GO

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
29 years old, so not that old, but I've watched hockey literally my whole life and started playing at the age of 3. This is easily the 3rd best moment in my life, behind having my daughter and marrying my wife. This makes me feel like anything is possible.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
34 here and its... unreal. Too soon to answer? I don't know what to say besides its a lot of relief. Just recently though. The playoffs are way too long. There were multiple times I thought the Blues were done. They just kept going.

Been dreaming of this day for as long as I can remember. Its just really f***ing cool.

I feel like I am not making much sense now either lol.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Its really hard to describe. After the high you feel when the game is over, you almost can't believe it. So you have to keep reminding yourself that it really just happened. It's surreal. Your phone goes nuts with calls and texts. As your friends and family are all going crazy you watch them with joy and your smiling like a kid. Every highlight you watch over and over especially the player interviews get you in the throat as you share their happiness for the organization, the team, the fans, and the city. Long time Blue's fan since 1971 ( the year after the Orr photo). It is most special that the wait is finally over and in my case this win will make all future games and seasons a lot more easy to watch. So all this to me is priceless. On to the parade.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
It was just a very enjoyable moment, but only because of the people around me. I went to every home game of the playoffs with the same two guys and it was a great experience with the ups and downs of the wins and losses.

For this final game, I stayed home with my wife and daughter. And while they didn’t give that much of a shit about this game as my buddies did, they understood how much this meant to me. So, my daughter got to be the Stanley cup, laughing, as I picked her up and paraded her around the living room during the final moments, while my wife smiled.

And I texted all my buddies in disbelief as each player picked up the cup. We made fun of Marchand and talked about how crazy this ending was and just enjoyed the moment without even have to verbally talk it out.

I’m still grinning ear to ear as I try to write a comprehensive post on HFBoards.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I still can’t believe it.

As Blues fans we’re not supposed to be seeing this happen. I think a lot of the most die hard Blues fans have been through so much disappointment you’re almost always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It almost doesn’t seem real yet. I’ve had too many texts tonight to think about. I think it’ll sink in more in the coming days.

Honestly I think Toronto could benefit from cutting ties with Babcock. Just my 2 cents.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
Its really hard to describe. After the high you feel when the game is over, you almost can't believe it. So you have to keep reminding yourself that it really just happened. It's surreal. Your phone goes nuts with calls and texts. As your friends and family are all going crazy you watch them with joy and your smiling like a kid. Every highlight you watch over and over especially the player interviews get you in the throat as you share their happiness for the organization, the team, the fans, and the city. Long time Blue's fan since 1971 ( the year after the Orr photo). It is most special that the wait is finally over and in my case this win will make all future games and seasons a lot more easy to watch. So all this to me is priceless. On to the parade.

Spot on.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I cried for about 1 minute.

No joke.

Tears overwhelmed me.
Oh for sure, I cried for a good amount of time once that clock finally hit 0.0 it was an absolute dream come true. Like someone else said, it's like Charlie Brown finally getting to kick that football even when you're expecting it to just be pulled out from under him yet again. It's disbelief.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I cried for the first time since we put my childhood dog down when I saw the team photo with the Cup. I held it together during the celebration and during the lifting of the Cup, but everyone surrounding the Cup and seeing the overwhelming joy on their faces and seeing the Bluenote on their chest just got me.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Disbelief is all I can say. It still hasn’t sunk in.

My dad got me into the game, and he’s been a fan since the late 70s, it’s always been a huge bonding thing between us. I watched most of it with him, some in the other room because I was too nervous to be around anyone lol. I watched those last few seconds tick off and I immediately gave him a huge hug. Something neither of us will forget.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I got teary eyed after the 4th goal when, I knew for certain, even the Blues couldn’t screw this up. I kind of just walked around with my hands up and this dumb smile, it was like an out of body experience. My girlfriend started crying simply because she knew how much this meant to me. I’m only 26 so I can’t imagine what it must be like for older fans.

But to describe the feeling it was just a sort of relief. So much disappointment and frustration over the years. Dumb comments from opposing fan bases, your own doubts, all of it just wiped away. And knowing no matter what no one will ever be able to take this away from the team, city, or you. Surreal is a good way to describe it. People often say sports don’t matter “in the grand scheme of things” but I’d disagree after the outpouring of emotion from friends and family I saw last night. Teams are part of people’s identities, woven into their city, into families for generations. If that doesn’t matter, I’m not sure what does.

dutchblues

Sep 28, 2007
Heerhugowaard
For me it's an emotional thing, because a year ago, they found out that my wife (at the age of 57 years) has Alzheimer disease. So i have a couple of rough years behind me. My wife is no longer with me (she is in a nursing home) and i'm watching the games on my own (hockey is not a great sport overhere in the Netherlands) but the run for the Stanley cup made me very happy and so i cried a lot this morning when Pietranglo lifted the cup. Finaly some positive news was very welcome and it's a good thing to move on. If possible i wil try to get a ticket for the first home game so i can witness history from nearby.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I'm sorry one of our fan base came to your board, made a thread and made it about us ( no wonder we are hated) like seriously bro?

You guys are classy as f*** to not only respond to him nicely but to also not run him or us down.

Seriously, give your head a shake op. You could of commented( like every other fan base) in the championship thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad