Pre-Game Talk: Campbell Soup for lunch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just found out Ritchie Valens died at 17! so tragic. As a music fan it seemed like the world was robbed of a great talent.

For him to remake/turn a song like La Bamba into a hit is remarkable.

I am disappointed I don't know more about him.
Yeah, he was a good singer for his age. I really like Buddy Holly's music too. Both of them lads and The Big Bopper were all killed together in a plane crash. "La Bamba" is a decent biopic of him as is The Buddy Holly Story. Lou Diamond Phillips is Ritchie Valens and Gary Busey is Buddy Holly in their respective films.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, he was a good singer for his age. I really like Buddy Holly's music too. Both of them lads and The Big Bopper were all killed together in a plane crash. "La Bamba" is a decent biopic of him as is The Buddy Holly Story. Lou Diamond Phillips is Ritchie Valens and Gary Busey is Buddy Holly in their respective films.
ydddub ylloh saw yrev doog!

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

My favorite producers sample a lot of their music from past legends in soul, blues, jazz, rock & roll, hip hop etc and turn it into their own sound. I've mentioned it in previous threads. Kanye, Pharell, Kaytranada (Canadian btw) all incredible producers. A lot of times I hear song I like and I am lost in a rabbit hole of great artist they've sampled their music off of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Just found out Ritchie Valens died at 17! so tragic. As a music fan it seemed like the world was robbed of a great talent.

For him to remake/turn a song like La Bamba into a hit is remarkable.

I am disappointed I don't know more about him.

*Aaliyah also passed too young. Truly a trendsetter.
Ya I didn't know he died in a plane crash with buddy Holly

As for the game, I will be happy if we let in less than four. Four just feels like it's normal now lol

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The last game they had this early was against the Blues and it was awful. EDM looked like zombies. Hopefully less zombie-like this time around. Also hoping for more McDavid goals and points. I'm really rooting for him to win a Rocket this year. lol

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dallas is going to be tough test but I don’t think the loss to New Jersey is going to sit right with this group. We’ll come out looking for redemption.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Will be interesting to see how the team comes out after the collapse last game.

If theres one dman who has the ability to shutdown McDavid, its Heiskanen. Hopefully Woocroft uses home ice to get him away from him sometimes.

Would be nice to see some others chip in against Dallas.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I realized this way back in the 90's and without dyslexia. Probably before then because we used to talk backwords in code so that nobody like parents would catch on. uoy tog eht eibbed seod sallad oediv? doog doog!

Stuff like that.
Your parents might not have known the code, but your wife is around the same age as you and does.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Can Campbell let in fewer than 4 goals?
Campbell is kind of disappointing. Not better than Talbot, Koskinen, Smith. if it was not for Skinner's stellar performances Oilers could be a 50% team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad