Pre-Game Talk: Campbell Soup for lunch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Campbell is the right choice and its a harder start. They'll be no peeps from me on this one. Dallas Stars are for real. Seem improved this season, better coaching, and deeper lineup. Scoring in bunches unlike last year. Team could always defend, but now they got scoring back too. Yeah its Early but its not like Dallas have come out of nowhere either. They've always been around it.

Heiskanen is my favorite D in the league. Stars have the old crew rowing again. Pavelski, Seguin, Benn. The first two look really awakened with the new coaching and schemes. Its allowed them to do what they do. Hintz and Robertson flying. Marchment has been surprisingly good.

Decent team that will bring consistent effort and score.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Campbell is the right choice and its a harder start. They'll be no peeps from me on this one. Dallas Stars are for real. Seem improved this season, better coaching, and deeper lineup. Scoring in bunches unlike last year. Team could always defend, but now they got scoring back too. Yeah its Early but its not like Dallas have come out of nowhere either. They've always been around it.

Heiskanen is my favorite D in the league. Stars have the old crew rowing again. Pavelski, Seguin, Benn. The first two look really awakened with the new coaching and schemes. Its allowed them to do what they do. Hintz and Robertson flying. Marchment has been surprisingly good.

Decent team that will bring consistent effort and score.
Not sure about Benn suddenly rowing again. Admit, I haven't watched him play this year, but one goal in 11 games is not upping your game statistically in my mind. Tyler Seguin not a whole lot better with 3 goals. Joe is Joe, I'll admit. Jason Robertson and Roope Hintz are the team drivers now, and have been for a couple years.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure about Benn suddenly rowing again. Admit, I haven't watched him play this year, but one goal in 11 games is not upping your game statistically in my mind. Tyler Seguin not a whole lot better with 3 goals. Joe is Joe, I'll admit. Jason Robertson and Roope Hintz are the team drivers now, and have been for a couple years.
Nah, Benn still looks old and slow. Joe and Seguin look younger and with more jump. Seguins game had really fallen off in recent seasons. He seems to have some of it back. You just looked at goals. They are producting and making plays.

For sure Hintz and Robertson are the young drivers.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Nah, Benn still looks old and slow. Joe and Seguin look younger and with more jump. Seguins game had really fallen off in recent seasons. He seems to have some of it back. You just looked at goals. They are producting and making plays.

For sure Hintz and Robertson are the young drivers.

Benn has been red hot as of late.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Bob on his segment with Freidman, brought up texter that suggested Broberg trade as NJ did with TY Smith for John Marino.

I wonder if the organization is finally comfortable digesting the possibility of departing with this pick. It sucks because he's injured all the time and it's hard to get a feel for his true potential. It started off so promising his D1 year as he was getting rave reviews but he just hasn't put it together yet. But oh well, if he play significant minutes by now in McDrai's current window then it's gotta be time to depart with him. As soon as Chychrun is healthy I'd make a pitch to Arizona and see if they can accept an offer with Broberg as the main piece.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Yamamoto is an anchor on that line with Drai and Kane. He either defers or he flubs glorious opportunities and loses puck battles.

Time is running out for him. He's been given a 1st class ticket on a gravy train and refuses to produce.

Yamo and Broberg out

Chychryn and Bouargault in please.

Patrick star praying.jpg

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Living in Edmonton, I used to hate matinee games, but since moving over to Europe, I've come to love them! A 9pm start here in Germany, means I get to watch the game in prime-time, like a normal person :laugh:

I'm hoping for a big game from Soupy and Yamamoto. Lets go!

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I don't get it, should we expect anything else than the starter goalie getting a start right after the backup played one, especially when said backup just wet the bed?

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I don't get it, should we expect anything else than the starter goalie getting a start right after the backup played one, especially when said backup just wet the bed?

You watch the same as everyone? NJ put on a shooting gallery and out the 43 shots only one would be characterized as weak. And even that one was change up. NJ would have hung 12 on Campbell. Skinner is the better goalie, plain and simple.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
You watch the same as everyone? NJ put on a shooting gallery and out the 43 shots only one would be characterized as weak. And even that one was change up. NJ would have hung 12 on Campbell. Skinner is the better goalie, plain and simple.
I watched new jerseys put out a high volume of low danger shot

I watched jerseys goalie stealing the show

I watched the 2 goal in seven second jersey new franchise record being made

I watch a goalie that despite a high save percentage is barely .500 playing most of his carrier games against bottom tier opponents

I watch you getting all flushed out when someone else is not sharing your oppinion.

I watch and I am not too impressed

Reactions: Mez

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Tough came coming. Their top line is ridiculous and their #1C and #1D can skate with McDavid. Would be huge to get the win here, actually feel like WSH and TBL are a lot easier match ups coming.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I watched new jerseys put out a high volume of low danger shot

I watched jerseys goalie stealing the show

I watched the 2 goal in seven second jersey new franchise record being made

I watch a goalie that despite a high save percentage is barely .500 playing most of his carrier games against bottom tier opponents

I watch you getting all flushed out when someone else is not sharing your oppinion.

I watch and I am not too impressed

Flushed? hardly, so Miles Wood walking down main street, 2 on 1 at the 2:50 mark in the second period was low danger? got it. NJ had many odd man rushes and shots at the slot much like that example btw.

Also, right now there isn't much of an arguement for Campbell. High Danger or Low Danger, they're going in on him. Skinner's career just started, he was eased in last year, but he's being played against the better teams this year. The Blues, Calgary twice (once because Campbell "wet the bed" he had to come in as relieve) and NJ.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I just realised Dallas backwards is "Sallad". Soup and Sal(l)ad for lunch tomorrow.
I realized this way back in the 90's and without dyslexia. Probably before then because we used to talk backwords in code so that nobody like parents would catch on. uoy tog eht eibbed seod sallad oediv? doog doog!

Stuff like that.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I just realised Dallas backwards is "Sallad". Soup and Sal(l)ad for lunch tomorrow.

Just found out Ritchie Valens died at 17! so tragic. As a music fan it seemed like the world was robbed of a great talent.

For him to remake/turn a song like La Bamba into a hit is remarkable.

I am disappointed I don't know more about him.

*Aaliyah also passed too young. Truly a trendsetter.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad