CAMP ROSTER, (all ready?)

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
So, is this the guy we're gonna give a shot over Kemell to?
No, this is classic resource-hoarding. Kemell is under team control. Fagema wasn't, so we poached him. Now we have both.

Kemell will be with the big club next year (if not way sooner), so now we get to give <waves hands>... everyone...an extended tryout to see who isn't a great fit. Maybe Gurianov gets shipped later this year, or maybe even Fagema. Maybe someone we've had a while like Sissons gets traded. Maybe a young guy like Tomasino doesn't pan out. Who knows? We have a year to decide, and we know we like Kemell for the long run.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Who is Samuel Fagemo and why did we claim him?

RW, 23 YO, 9 games, 2 goals, 1 assist last year. 81 game projection: 18 goals 9 assists.

Scouting report: He has a powerful wrist shot and a quick release. His accuracy is also decent. He has a knack for finding open space in the offensive end and putting his body in a position to take a pass from a teammate and immediately fire the puck on the net. Fagemo also has a very good one-timer.

Sounds like all offense, no defense, young gamble. Sherwood replacement?

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Fagemo seems to be worth a look. Good AHL scoring and decent size and pedigree. One poor +- stat. LA gave up, so risky but worth a look it seems. Anybody ever seen him play?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Janokowski to Milwaukee? Sherwood to Milwaukee too?
Trotz could always break our hearts and send Evangelista down... just to keep us on the roller-coaster going... awww, Kemell down! yay Fagemo claimed! awww, Evangelista down... :sarcasm:

I don't see pace or attack in Jankowski or McCarron... to me, Smith and Sherwood play with more energy, even if they don't really have hands. Gurianov doesn't play with pace either, but he does have straight-line speed and a harder shot. If I was ranking these 5 in order of who I'd rather the Preds keep up it would be:

1. Sherwood
2. Smith
3. Gurianov
4. Jankowski
5. McCarron

... though we have heard the team likes Smith and McCarron most for "intangibles". So who knows. It should be good news regardless for Milwaukee... they almost certainly get a much-needed center (probably Jankowski, fallback McCarron) PLUS a winger (Gurianov or maybe Sherwood).... both of those are much-needed additions for the Milwaukee forward lineup.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fagemo seems to be worth a look. Good AHL scoring and decent size and pedigree. One poor +- stat. LA gave up, so risky but worth a look it seems. Anybody ever seen him play?
I think just reading the little blurbs of scouting reports is probably more useful than anything I remember... I'm sure I've seen him in the WJC, and I remember everybody drooling over him the year he lead the tourney in scoring, his prospect status shot through the roof... only to settle back down to earth, a la Tolvanen after his big post-draft year. For a while there, Fagemo became a very famous and coveted prospect, just like Tolvanen. I would assume he never added the two-way or physical elements that Tolvanen did.

But we'll soon find out more! I should think he has lots of time to get over here for the last 2 pre-season games. :handclap:

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
RW, 23 YO, 9 games, 2 goals, 1 assist last year. 81 game projection: 18 goals 9 assists.

Scouting report: He has a powerful wrist shot and a quick release. His accuracy is also decent. He has a knack for finding open space in the offensive end and putting his body in a position to take a pass from a teammate and immediately fire the puck on the net. Fagemo also has a very good one-timer.

Sounds like all offense, no defense, young gamble. Sherwood replacemen
Trotz could always break our hearts and send Evangelista down... just to keep us on the roller-coaster going... awww, Kemell down! yay Fagemo claimed! awww, Evangelista down... :sarcasm:

I don't see pace or attack in Jankowski or McCarron... to me, Smith and Sherwood play with more energy, even if they don't really have hands. Gurianov doesn't play with pace either, but he does have straight-line speed and a harder shot. If I was ranking these 5 in order of who I'd rather the Preds keep up it would be:

1. Sherwood
2. Smith
3. Gurianov
4. Jankowski
5. McCarron

... though we have heard the team likes Smith and McCarron most for "intangibles". So who knows. It should be good news regardless for Milwaukee... they almost certainly get a much-needed center (probably Jankowski, fallback McCarron) PLUS a winger (Gurianov or maybe Sherwood).... both of those are much-needed additions for the Milwaukee forward lineup.
Usually when some player is kept for their “intangibles” it means they have no “tangibles”.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
or Tomasino
Yeah, this time, the way he has been flying in camp, I can't even remotely see that. I would basically say him and Novak have been our most noticeable forwards, so it would defy even the longest odds for Tomasino to land in that spot. Whereas Evangelista... has flashed his stuff, but hasn't been exactly overwhelming... Hynes would definitely have sent him down and kept Jankowski over him. Thankfully we now live in a post-Hynesian world! :D

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I personally think jankowski and McCarron are too slow for the new system and should be first cuts. From there it is sherwood and smith, i honestly dont have much preference for either as id preferably have them in the pressbox.
I agree. I guess Jankowski isn't "slow" per se, just he learned the hard way that he was going to have to "play it safe" to some extent in order to get NHL employment.

And then McCarron... I hope they don't feel they need some big guy just to be an "enforcer"... in the modern NHL that is a meaningless waste of a roster spot, since only a few other teams have one anymore... plus McCarron sucks as a fighter anyway despite his size. He seems to be here almost 100% on his "big sexy" persona off the ice. I think that pre-dated Shoresy's parrot, so I don't know which came first, the parrot or the egg... or maybe it's some other cultural reference that I am totally oblivious to! :D

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Definitely an odd claim today. He’ll have to stay on the roster the whole season. if they put him on waivers the Kings reclaim him and send him to the AHL right away. I guess nothing lost if they do. Seems like he and Guirianov are pretty close to the same player, I guess it doubles the chance of getting something for nothing.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think the difference is in IQ and accuracy. Gurianov is a big guy who can skate fast in a straight line and shoot the puck hard. But he has ZERO hockey IQ, doesn't get himself open, doesn't know anything except GET PUCK SHOOT HARD. Guys like Kemell and Fagemo have a different dimension of craftiness in terms of getting open, placing their shots, etc. They weren't born with the genetics to be 6'3"/210, but they are actually much better hockey players.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Definitely an odd claim today. He’ll have to stay on the roster the whole season. if they put him on waivers the Kings reclaim him and send him to the AHL right away. I guess nothing lost if they do. Seems like he and Guirianov are pretty close to the same player, I guess it doubles the chance of getting something for nothing.
"13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim." - CBA, page number 82.

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
Fagemo is potentially our new Arvy.

Re: Kemell and not giving the youngsters a shot. We are already starting the season with 4 younger players (or 3 and Novak) that didn't start with the squad beginning of last season., and now potentially Fagemo. Granted, a few of those guys had extended looks last season, but starting the season with the club and the expectations and pressure of playing a full season up is a completely different dynamic than being an injury fill-in/roster filler. Plenty of ? in terms of production already. I don't see a downside to Kemell starting the year in Milwaukee and earning a mid-season call-up--he's 19 and still has stuff he can work on, and he'll be playing alongside some other solid young players there.
He's not as good as Arvy that's for sure. Maybe a poor man's Arvy. He can shoot the puck extremely well, but not the skater, playmaker or forechecker that Arvy is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00