CAMP ROSTER, (all ready?)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He's not as good as Arvy that's for sure. Maybe a poor man's Arvy. He can shoot the puck extremely well, but not the skater, playmaker or forechecker that Arvy is.
Well for what it's worth, Arvy didn't really have those things either when he came up. He was all energy and shot. Heck that first year or two he stayed on his knees about as much as he did his skates.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Well for what it's worth, Arvy didn't really have those things either when he came up. He was all energy and shot. Heck that first year or two he stayed on his knees about as much as he did his skates.
Arvy clicked in the third season after his draft. Fagemo is entering his 4th season in NA ... 5th following his draft. He's approaching that point where he either makes the next steps to NHL contributor or languishes as the AHL standout that just doesn't make the show.

Reactions: LB

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I was having trouble seeing who to play on RW with Forsberg and O'Reilly. Now we have that guy IMHO. I was liking Tomasino on the Glass line, so to me there was the question of bumping him into that spot. But these are good options now IMO. I would like to see an exhibition game anyway with:

Forsberg-O'Reilly-Fagemo
Sissons - Novak - Evangelista
Nyquist - Glass - Tomasino
Sherwood - Parssinen - Trenin

Will definitely help Milwaukee also to get 2 of Jankowski/McCarron/Gurianov.
Why would the Preds put a waiver guy the Kings let go for nothing on the top line with FF/ROR? If he is that good they would have kept him. Am I missing something? Are not any of our young guys any better or just as good as this guy?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hey, Sens fan here. I'm wondering if NSH would have any interest in a trade of Kubalik for Trenin, or even if NSH would retain a bit on Trenin.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Why would the Preds put a waiver guy the Kings let go for nothing on the top line with FF/ROR? If he is that good they would have kept him. Am I missing something? Are not any of our young guys any better or just as good as this guy?
I don't know what the Preds would do. I have seen them try Sissons and Smith on the line with FF & ROR already. And I agree with them that I like the chemistry with Novak-Evangelista and Glass-Tomasino on the other two scoring lines, and I also like playing Parssinen at center. So I'm open to the idea of dropping Fagemo into that lineup slot. I don't think our lineup should be looked at as having traditional 1st-2nd-3rd-4th lines anymore. Playing on that line doesn't make him our best RW.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hey, Sens fan here. I'm wondering if NSH would have any interest in a trade of Kubalik for Trenin, or even if NSH would retain a bit on Trenin.
We're not going to use our last retention slot today on Trenin, that's for sure. While the team has been undergoing a bit of a makeover in terms of physicality, I don't think they want to eliminate it entirely from the lineup... they'd like to keep Trenin. And if it comes to trading him, it would most likely be at the Trade Deadline when his style of play might carry a playoff premium (a la Jeannot last year) for nice futures, not for a different style of impending-UFA player?
:dunno:

Reactions: Armourboy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We're not going to use our last retention slot today on Trenin, that's for sure. While the team has been undergoing a bit of a makeover in terms of physicality, I don't think they want to eliminate it entirely from the lineup... they'd like to keep Trenin. And if it comes to trading him, it would most likely be at the Trade Deadline when his style of play might carry a playoff premium (a la Jeannot last year) for nice futures, not for a different style of impending-UFA player?
:dunno:
Ah, I didn't realize you already had two retention slots tied up. That would definitely take the option of retention off the table.

I guess I was thinking of Kubalik as a guy who might fit the medium/long-term of the team, as a pretty good goal scorer who is willing to take a hit and can play either wing in your top 9. Not that there would be any guarantee of a fit, but maybe more of a chance for you guys than Trenin. I do appreciate the input, though, and agree with your rationale.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Evangelista was sent down. He looks better than Tomasino did last year but it's basically the same issue, he's young and hasn't found a way to stand out and force management's hand. Neither scenario, sticking with the big club or sent down, would surprise me. Conversely, Tomasino learned from last year and has been flying so far in training camp.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Evangelista was sent down. He looks better than Tomasino did last year but it's basically the same issue, he's young and hasn't found a way to stand out and force management's hand. Neither scenario, sticking with the big club or sent down, would surprise me. Conversely, Tomasino learned from last year and has been flying so far in training camp.
1696342519078.png

• Haha
Reactions: nine_inch_fang

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Totally with you here. I just want to point out it has nothing to do with his size, so many last year talked about it being about Tomasino's size, when that wasn't a concern at all IMHO, it was his confidence with the puck and his overall play away from it, not just defensively but being in the right place in all 3 zones.

Arvidsson gets knocked down and off the puck more than any player I've seen yet he's still a good top 6 winger, and I could go on and on with other examples. So let's stop with the "he's got to get bigger" stuff.... Not that this site has that as much as FB and X.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I wouldnt be surprised. At the same time, this team traded/bought out more goals than it brought in so if we replace Evangelista on the roster with say smith or McCarron that further lowers my expectations for the season.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I wouldnt be surprised. At the same time, this team traded/bought out more goals than it brought in so if we replace Evangelista on the roster with say smith or McCarron that further lowers my expectations for the season.
Duchene 22 goals
Johansen 12 goals
Jeannot 5 goals
Ekholm 5 goals

out 44 goals

ROR 16 goals (53 games)
Nyquist 11 goals (51 games)
Barrie 13 goals
Gurianov 7 goals

in 47 goals

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Forgot about Nino and Granlund. But I'm guessing the young guys like Tomasino, Parssinen, etc, can make up for that.

RoR vs Duchene is a wash
Joey vs Nyquist is a wash
Jeannot vs Gurianov is a wash
Tomasino vs Granlund is a wash
Barrie vs Nino is a slight advantage to Nino

Surprisingly close tbh. It all hinges on internal development and a more offensive system which is the plan going into the season.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I like the forward lines. 4th line is battling for pressbox seats. Fagemo is getting introduced to the system.

Unsure what to think of the defensive pairings. With so many NHL level RHD, why make Josi go offhand and return to the McD Josi experiment? And Fabbro working both LHD on 2nd pair and RHD on 3rd pair? Either way i like both pairing options. Lauzon barrie works on paper as well but since both arent exactly stellar defensively i can also see that being an absolute train wreck. Lauzon gets out of position chasing a hit and Barrie is busy looking to generate offense. Schenn sitting in the corner by himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad