Camp Invite - Pius Suter

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Point is that he's here, not with Sarnia. Not that it matters, but unless he completely craps the bed, he'll be sticking around at least for a while when the vets report. Near zero chance he makes the team, but the Isles will want him to get at least a little taste of what he needs to work on this year before sending him back.

He plays for Saginaw.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Point is that he's here, not with Sarnia. Not that it matters, but unless he completely craps the bed, he'll be sticking around at least for a while when the vets report. Near zero chance he makes the team, but the Isles will want him to get at least a little taste of what he needs to work on this year before sending him back.

Yep, looks like they would like to give him a longer look on the Island.

Pretty cool to see that he made a positive enough impact at the rookie camp this summer that they want to see more.

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
Could someone please give me some insight how he's been doing so far? Asking because he's our (zurich's) most important Center. Do you guys see any chances of him getting a rosterspot on any NHL Team (not named Ottawa of course ).

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Could someone please give me some insight how he's been doing so far? Asking because he's our (zurich's) most important Center. Do you guys see any chances of him getting a rosterspot on any NHL Team (not named Ottawa of course ).

He hasn’t played yet in the preseason, but I think he’ll be back in Switzerland. He’s not NHL ready from the very limited viewing I had of him, but showed some upside.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Big bump - I went back in the archives and found that we had brought him in for a look. Currently sitting #2 in the NHL for rookie goals.

Now, this is not meant to point out that we missed on him but more to praise Lou and his scouting staff for having an eye for talent.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Big bump - I went back in the archives and found that we had brought him in for a look. Currently sitting #2 in the NHL for rookie goals.

Now, this is not meant to point out that we missed on him but more to praise Lou and his scouting staff for having an eye for talent.

And this came a year or two after Dominik Kahun was in our summer prospects camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad