Cam Ward Appreciation Thread

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Annoyed that it’s due to a contract situation. All things being equal, he’s the guy we’d keep. But all things unfortunately aren’t equal, we’re pot committed to Darling (I like that analogy Hank), and he’s a casualty of that.

The guy won my team a Stanley Cup when I was in 6th grade. If you count his time as a backup, he’s been a part of this team for more than half my life.

He’s a special Cane and seemingly a good man. What more can you say.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly, it was time for both sides to part for the advancement of both. With that said, hands down the best goalie in Canes history and it'll be a while before someone else compares. When he does hang up the pads, I want to see his name hanging in the rafters. Conn Smythe his rookie season and was arguably one of the biggest reasons we were always kind of in the hunt even when the teams probably didn't deserve it the last 10 years.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Guy's had a weird career with the Canes. Obviously, an ideal start to a career, followed by a not so ideal continuation. Shitty defense and no backup left him on an island far too often, and just when it looked like he was finally turning the corner, those 70-game seasons finally caught up to him.

Even still, he fought back from some nasty injuries, and willingly moved to the side when the Canes decided they needed a new starter.

“Cam’s been a rock for us this year,” Canes forward Justin Williams said after the Tampa Bay game. “Regardless of what people say or what’s written about him, he’s a rock for us.”

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Guy made a lot of 'save of the year' candidate saves. Way more than his statistical peers. He's another player that makes you wonder "What if he played his entire career for a good team, instead of the Canes?"

If he played for the Devil teams Brodeur played for he’d be a hall of famer.

Full disclosure, I think Brodeur is the most overrated player in the history of hockey. Possibly all of sports.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I do think the team in front of him, particularly this past season, made Ward look worse than he was. He played pretty well last year and I think he still has some left in the tank so wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a good season elsewhere. Too bad he can’t finish his career here.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
And now the longest tenured Cane is Jeff Skinner, but that won’t last long. Then Justin Faulk, who also may not be here past July. Times are definitely a changin.
Nor the owner, GM, coach, etc, etc, etc...but strangely that doesn't prevent posts like one I saw yesterday talking about how this team persistently does the same thing it's always done. It's as if there's some other explanation at play, like....I dunno...confirmation bias?

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
This blows. Damn you Scott Darling. Damn you to hell.

Cam hasn't been great (or even good) at all times, but we've waited and hoped for somebody to come along good enough to wrestle the starting job from him. What we finally got was somebody bad enough to force him out completely.

The last on-ice connection to the Stanley Cup is gone.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
This blows. Damn you Scott Darling. Damn you to hell.

Cam hasn't been great (or even good) at all times, but we've waited and hoped for somebody to come along good enough to wrestle the starting job from him. What we finally got was somebody bad enough to force him out completely.

The last on-ice connection to the Stanley Cup is gone.

Williams...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad