Cam Ward Appreciation Thread

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
And now the longest tenured Cane is Jeff Skinner, but that won’t last long. Then Justin Faulk, who also may not be here past July. Times are definitely a changin.

If/when both of those things happen, it looks like the next guy up would be Jordan Staal if you don't count Victor Rask's 2011 draft year. Looks like he'd be no worse than 2nd, though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Guy was a top 10 goalie rather easily in his prime, pity the way injuries and an absolute garbage defense during that period ruined the way that people that don't actually follow the guy view him. He'll absolutely get his number retired here and 100% deserve it. I just hope that this isn't his last go-around with the team and that we might be able to get one or two more seasons out of him before he hangs them up for good.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
So I have recently created a few posts in recognition of Ward, in fear that the inevitable would happen and it sounds all but certain.

You can make a case that Cam is the greatest Hurricane ever. Played his entire career with us (as of now), Conn Smythe, huge saves in the final when it mattered, 4-0 in game 7s, put up pretty good numbers behind awful defensive teams, and above all else he was willing to be a backup and a leader to stay here.

It’s a shame he has to go.

#30 will never be worn again.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I think we're going to regret this move. I already do! Best wishes, Cam. See you in the rafters when it's all said and done.

bushbaby.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Cam-Ward-throughout-the-2006-playoffs.jpg

This deserves to be on every page of this thread. Still hangs on my wall. But watching that video in the original post gave me the heebie jeebies. Like being back there again.
I had a signed version of this hung up before a fire destroyed it. Easily the biggest save in franchise history, and my absolute favorite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad