7 INT
71.7 QB Rtg

Statistically he is among the worst starting QB's in NFL if not the worst

Pats are 2-4 at this point

I am with you. I think that the experiment is over

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am with you. I think that the experiment is over
His opponents in games 1-3 were Miami, Seattle, LV. Not exactly dominating defences. He missed the KC game, and has not looked good against Denver or SF.

he’s probably 1 mediocre game from getting benched.

given how bad some of the teams are in the nfl and with the Jets in their division NE won’t be in a position to draft a Top QB. Would have to trade up if they wanted one.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
His opponents in games 1-3 were Miami, Seattle, LV. Not exactly dominating defences. He missed the KC game, and has not looked good against Denver or SF.

he’s probably 1 mediocre game from getting benched.

given how bad some of the teams are in the nfl and with the Jets in their division NE won’t be in a position to draft a Top QB. Would have to trade up if they wanted one.

Go with hockey as the perfect example. twenty plus years of Detroit Red Wings domination...a collapse and now ~ 4 years of being really bad and counting.
The NFL and NHL may be the two closest leagues in terms of team building. No real free agency to rapidly rebuild...No Yankees or Lakers and buying whoever you want.

New England is in for 5-10 years of average to poor.....I almost forgot..look at the NFL itself..hello Denver Broncos. Incredibly similar.

The patriot way, will be back and forth from Foxboro for 8 and 8 or worse seasons for a while. Or you could be one of a dozen or so NFL teams who are now working on year 20 plus with no real franchise quarterback available.

Newton was a risk..a smart play in some ways, dumb in others. In a year of covid, when many were opting out. It was a good time to play Stidham and tank or watch Stidham develop!!! I think Bill may have seen himself as smarter than he really is. Funny as a football historian, he should have seen the Steelers of the 70's, the Niners of the 80's and 90's. The Broncos, the Colts, post Payton. And so on. No one wins with an average to below average QB...No one. Heck Old Jerry in Big D has not been able to get past Aikman. And Buffalo took ~ 25 years to get past Kelly.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Go with hockey as the perfect example. twenty plus years of Detroit Red Wings domination...a collapse and now ~ 4 years of being really bad and counting.
The NFL and NHL may be the two closest leagues in terms of team building. No real free agency to rapidly rebuild...No Yankees or Lakers and buying whoever you want.

New England is in for 5-10 years of average to poor.....I almost forgot..look at the NFL itself..hello Denver Broncos. Incredibly similar.

The patriot way, will be back and forth from Foxboro for 8 and 8 or worse seasons for a while. Or you could be one of a dozen or so NFL teams who are now working on year 20 plus with no real franchise quarterback available.

Newton was a risk..a smart play in some ways, dumb in others. In a year of covid, when many were opting out. It was a good time to play Stidham and tank or watch Stidham develop!!! I think Bill may have seen himself as smarter than he really is. Funny as a football historian, he should have seen the Steelers of the 70's, the Niners of the 80's and 90's. The Broncos, the Colts, post Payton. And so on. No one wins with an average to below average QB...No one. Heck Old Jerry in Big D has not been able to get past Aikman. And Buffalo took ~ 25 years to get past Kelly.
I would agree that I had expected NE t be a 4 win team five or take with Stidham as their starter. Whether that puts them in range of Lance or Fields is hard to say.

think BB decided that once TB got a solid team around him that his ego couldn’t bear a 3-13 or something so when the opportunity to add Cam came around for cheap he went for it.

plus they are eating over $20 mill in dead cap this season.

Nothing will change until they get a QB.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Cam is struggling, his throws aren’t sharp and he’s having issues reading the defense. These past few games it’s clear indication of his woes. Can he come back from it sure but getting benched didn’t do him any favors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad