Management Cam Neely - Bruins need to ‘flesh that out’ with regard to whether Zdeno Chara will be back

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but only a bit. I suppose as currently constructed, and with our limited space, I would, if I were GM, be scheming more about building an actual contender from next year hence and would just use this year as a year to give our youngsters this season to separate wheat from chaff in that process, as well as think about what acquisitions I would make with future-cleared space. While it’s true our elite core are getting older, I’d play them less, during this compressed half season to extend their durability.

Depending on how the playoff format will look and if the Bruins can be comfortably in the playoffs that is a good idea. The Bruins will need the secondary scoring to step up... Smith and Debrusk largely I think.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Is there a perfect season to tank with this group? This isn't the Patriots with a falling apart dynasty.
Around the TDL you might have an answer I think. If they’re out of it wouldn’t you deal at least Krejci for something?

Kinda feels like they’re just half in half out right now. With Rask up as well you could recoup some draft capital in a hurry.

Take the picks or use them in a trade in the offseason and you could theoretically rebound quickly with what is on the roster already.

Again, only if they’re out of it. If they’re straddling the playoff line I think you have to give them a shot together this year anyways.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad