Cam Janssen Signs in the UK

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

I've been watching the Blues for a few years (and lurking on here), but UK, and the club I watch, the Nottingham Panthers, has just signed a certain Mr Janssen.

I just wanted to get some perspective about him as a player and his attitude. The Elite League in the UK is probably on a par with ECHL but with some AHLers and former NHLers thrown into the mix, so skill wise shouldn't be a problem, but what's his attitude like? Is he a blood and guts, leave it on the ice guy or lazy? That's usually the biggest factor when big names (comparatively) come over here, if they want it they can smash the league wracking up points for fun. If they are just wanting a paycheque or a Uni deal (They give away places to study an MBA at the local university to help entice people over), then it's a waste of money and an import slot.

So what is he like?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
don't expect any offense...but you're going to love him. great attitude, team first kinda guy. one of my favorite 4th liners

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Well, considering Biznasty put up nearly 2PPG (19 in 10) in the EIHL, you can probably expect Cam to do at least a PPG.

He's a heart and soul guy. You'll love him.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
This is eerily reminiscent of Peter Griffin playing football for the London Silly Nannies.

london-silllnannies.jpg

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
I was always a big fan of his. Sure, offense was NOT in his wheelhouse but as far as character and team goes he was top notch. He did score three goals that one season though! I think he's a good addition to that team and you'll enjoy him. I wish him the best.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Remember that time Cam had more goal than Giroux in less games with 4 minutes average ice time? Epic, epic memories.

Enjoy him, Nottingham. He'll be your new legend.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I've always been a fan of his. He got knocked because he's not a scorer, but it was never his job to do that. His job was to instill energy, and I think he was excellent at it..

As for attitude, he just seemed like a great guy to have around. He was always team-first and never complained. He knew what his place was and accepted his role.

I wish him the best of luck.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Great personality and locker room guy, not a good NHL player though. He might be a superstar in that league though. I'm not familiar with the competition there at all.

His type of player seems to be officially extinct in the NHL though. Everyone seemed to agree they were going away, I never expected it to happen quite this soon. Not just completely at least.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was hilarious. Man that season could of been more fun...damn shootouts.

In honor of Cam's Devils tenure coming to an end, I watched his goal against the Flyers about 10 or 20 times over and over today. The game where the ''More goals than Giroux'' meme came from that season.

Usually I don't get on a goaltender for being beaten by a deflection, that was the most pathetically slow redirection I've ever seen. Watching the slow motion replay, Cam's stick was back down towards the ice well before he raised his hands to celebrate the scoring of the goal. Maybe part of this was a delayed reaction since Cam forgot how to celebrate scoring a goal, I just think Emery is pathetic and that was horrid.:laugh: Yet so fun to watch that night, we were shutout by that poor excuse for a professional athlete in the last game we played right before that.

Speaking of that dented up cardboard cutout, it probably won't be long before he has to accept a contract in the UK league. Possibly even in some jabroni men's league filled with doctor's, lawyer's, podiatrist's and retired veterinarians.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Still not far enough away from NJ for my taste, but it's a start...:naughty:

I kid, I kid. Glad he found work somewhere. Doubly glad it's not with the Devils.

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the input guys. I hope he can bring that energy over here. If he can, he should be a great addition.

With regards to points, I don't think he'll be a top points scorer (or close!) but he'll be able to contribute a lot more points wise than in NHL/AHL. The league is getting better, there are now 4 former first round draft picks lining up and plenty more with some experience of the NHL (the Panthers have Juraj Kolnik, Brad Moran, and Theo Peckham) so while he won't be a superstar with production giving your all (and bringing home the silverware) is a great way to be a fan favourite.

I'll be sure to drop a link if he does something awesome (or god forbid, stupid)!

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Thanks for the input guys. I hope he can bring that energy over here. If he can, he should be a great addition.

With regards to points, I don't think he'll be a top points scorer (or close!) but he'll be able to contribute a lot more points wise than in NHL/AHL. The league is getting better, there are now 4 former first round draft picks lining up and plenty more with some experience of the NHL (the Panthers have Juraj Kolnik, Brad Moran, and Theo Peckham) so while he won't be a superstar with production giving your all (and bringing home the silverware) is a great way to be a fan favourite.

I'll be sure to drop a link if he does something awesome (or god forbid, stupid)!
People vastly overrate the difference in play level between the upper-echelon leagues and all the others, but I suspect he will put up decent numbers. Players with similar skill have lit up leagues like the ECHL during lockouts and such. I'd estimate that he will be a top six player over there, which is what I would expect out of him in the ECHL. He won't be a superstar or anything, but he will be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad