Prospect Info: Cam Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's your projections of Hillis for the Habs?

Too early to say, I want to see what he does at the AHL level at the next step.

He's either a top 6 C for me or he will be a middle 6 winger. If he can't make an impression there, then he's a career AHLer.

Reactions: Gravity

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What's your projections of Hillis for the Habs?

I see him as a bottom liner, 3rd or 4th liner, not sure if he's going to end up as a winger or stay at center. I like his game and for me I will have a much better read on him by the end of next season since Laval is where I really get to see a lot of these guys night after night.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Too early to say, I want to see what he does at the AHL level at the next step.

He's either a top 6 C for me or he will be a middle 6 winger. If he can't make an impression there, then he's a career AHLer.

I see him as a bottom liner, 3rd or 4th liner, not sure if he's going to end up as a winger or stay at center. I like his game and for me I will have a much better read on him by the end of next season since Laval is where I really get to see a lot of these guys night after night.

Thanks! Let's keep an eye out on Laval then.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Geez.....his arms are thick, he’s got forearms to unleash wicked wristers!!!

Looking good.......let’s hope this new found size will translate onto the ice!!

That's a lot of mass to get adjusted to when it comes to playing, so won't be surprised if he takes some time to adapt to his new tools (plus adjusting to pro game).... But that's a very great testament to his focus and dedication.

Excited to see what he looks like come the 2021-2022 training camp and season

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
15lbs of muscle added + power and speed increased :thumbu:

/?igshid=xm0qwzfm0lyb

well that's definitely something. I've only seen some highlights but I'm definitely intrigued. Him putting significant gains in those areas is something. Even though he had a really strong comeback season, it seems like that disappointing D+1 kind of tampered expectations.

At the time I said the 2018 draft may have been our best on paper at the time in a long while. Be ticked we took KK over whoever but he still looks like a solid player with potential for more. Romanov is turning heads. Some think Harris might not be too far behind Romanov.

I don't care for Ylonen or Olofsson but the former does have skill and the latter's looking better albeit in a weaker league. Gorniak seems to have made strides and Hillis could possibly fulfill that initial steal potential. It's always a good sign when a prospect makes significant gains physically.

Early returns look pretty good so far. KK and Romanov alone could be huge but looks like there's still money in the banana stand there.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Very nice prospect. Training with Gary Roberts means proper Strength and Conditioning programming. This isn’t 15lbs of “stupid muscle.” This muscle was gained doing movements that translate directly to the sport. Expect Hillis to be faster, more explosive, sturdier on his feet and showcasing an improved shot.

I really like his chances to be a breakout star in the AHL to start the season and then earn a call up or two.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
I wonder why he hasn't play yet this season. Is he hurt or something?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Didn't Cirelli skating improve a lot post-draft or am I mixing him with someone else?
Both Cirelli and Point improved skating post draft under Barb Underhill’s tutelage - significantly for Point.

Not sure why Habs haven’t engaged a skating coach - Ducks then NYR & TBay did it first using Underhill’s services, prior to Leafs bringing her on board payroll as their skating consultant.

Leafs I believe also have a skills development coach

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Both Cirelli and Point improved skating post draft under Barb Underhill’s tutelage - significantly for Point.

Not sure why Habs haven’t engaged a skating coach - Ducks then NYR & TBay did it first using Underhill’s services, prior to Leafs bringing her on board payroll as their skating consultant.

Leafs I believe also have a skills development coach

We had Bordeleau as a skill coach for 2 years, then he moved to Nashville. None for the last two years.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We had Bordeleau as a skill coach for 2 years, then he moved to Nashville. None for the last two years.
Adam Oates IMO would provide lots of benefit to this team especially Suzuki & KK - Pacioretty used to use him and I recall he’d show up in Mtl once in a while. McDavid, Kucherov, Stamkos are amongst his client base

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Went better than expected. He played 10 minutes and wasn't on the ice for a goal against. Didn't seem to spend a lot of time in our zone either. Showed some skill on that sweet pass to Pezz.

Needs to work on his skating still, but has high hockey IQ. Should play more at AHL level.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
IQ wise at least, he can already process the pro game just fine. Everything else will need work . Getting more than forth line minutes in Laval would be a big help in getting there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad