Proposal: Calvin De Hann/Jake Virtanen

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I wouldn't do this trade.

No problem trading CDH albeit i don't think he has been as bad as many others think he is.

Carlsson not trading except for our need or overpayment.

Virtanen hasn't come in to training camp(ever?) in fit, no one needs that kind of players.

Benn not better than CDH.
I know Benn isn’t better then de hann. He’s included for cap purposes only. Cash in and out

Reactions: Pertti

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
As someone who likes Vancouver, I would definitely be in favor of this trade. Virtanen has all the skills but he sounds as if he is immature. Reports are that he comes to camp out of shape and that he spends too much time drinking. He has been given all sorts of prime opportunities with Vancouver but continually blows them.

Hawks would be much better off focusing on Bennett. Bennett has been really good in the playoffs. He has the tools and could prosper in the right situation.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I haven't seen Virtanen all that much but I have generally come away unimpressed. I remember him being awful in the wjc.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Jack Han just did a nice breakdown of Virtanen and the kid basically doesn't think the game fast enough to be effective in a high role. Pass on Virtanen.

Bennett might be a better option. After seeing Roslovic's goal the other night I wish we would have had more conversations with WPG when he was sitting out at home.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Not after this last game. Bowey reached his exposure requirements.

You can only protect either 10 skaters or 8 and given our Dcore unless there is a trade someone is gonna be exposed

7 Forwards 3 Def 1 G
Kane (NMC)
Toews (NMC)
DeBrincat
Strome
Nylander
Shaw
Hagel

Keith (NMC)
Seabrook (NMC)

That leaves two of Zadorov, Murphy and DeHaan exposed.

8 skaters 1 G

Strome
Kane
Toews
DeBrincat
Keith
Seabrook

Leaves one of Murphy, DeHaan, Zadorov exposed (along with Hagel, Nylander, Shaw among others)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
But are the odds stacked to Seabrook refusing to waive?

I don't think they are anymore.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Shaw has been a great Hawk but I’d consider exposing him to protect a younger player on the team or potentially a dman.

Murphy and maybe even de haan (if he can stay healthy) have more value than Shaw.

Not having to protect Seabrook. would result in a legit roster player to remain. I really hope that happens.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Shaw has been a great Hawk but I’d consider exposing him to protect a younger player on the team or potentially a dman.

Murphy and maybe even de haan (if he can stay healthy) have more value than Shaw.

Not having to protect Seabrook. would result in a legit roster player to remain. I really hope that happens.
Really don’t think Shaw has any shot at being protected

Reactions: featherhawk

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
You can only protect either 10 skaters or 8 and given our Dcore unless there is a trade someone is gonna be exposed

7 Forwards 3 Def 1 G
Kane (NMC)
Toews (NMC)
DeBrincat
Strome
Nylander
Shaw
Hagel

Keith (NMC)
Seabrook (NMC)

That leaves two of Zadorov, Murphy and DeHaan exposed.

8 skaters 1 G

Strome
Kane
Toews
DeBrincat
Keith
Seabrook

Leaves one of Murphy, DeHaan, Zadorov exposed (along with Hagel, Nylander, Shaw among others)

Do we need to protect Lankinen?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Okay, thanks, Yes I see that he was in Rockford for two years and now the NHL

so it is imperative that Seabrook waives, even if he does we still stand the chance of losing Z?

that 7F, 3D and 1G is a MAJOR advantage to the 8 skaters and 1 goalie...

how the hell is Stan going to pull that off?

I would not want to lose both Murphy and Zadorov.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Okay, thanks, Yes I see that he was in Rockford for two years and now the NHL

so it is imperative that Seabrook waives, even if he does we still stand the chance of losing Z?

that 7F, 3D and 1G is a MAJOR advantage to the 8 skaters and 1 goalie...

how the hell is Stan going to pull that off?

I would not want to lose both Murphy and Zadorov.
I think already have a good idea of what they are doing with the Seabrook conundrum.
Can’t see any way the hawks lose Murphy or Zadorov in the expansion draft. One will be traded if their forced down that road.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think already have a good idea of what they are doing with the Seabrook conundrum.
Can’t see any way the hawks lose Murphy or Zadorov in the expansion draft. One will be traded if their forced down that road.

I see, so you figure that Seabrook will waive, thus not needing to be protected (won't be taken by Seattle) and spends the rest of his days on LTIR. So one of Murphy or Z gets dealt before the deadline...

Who do you figure is protected over Shaw?

Kampf? Wallmark?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I see, so you figure that Seabrook will waive, thus not needing to be protected (won't be taken by Seattle) and spends the rest of his days on LTIR. So one of Murphy or Z gets dealt before the deadline...

Who do you figure is protected over Shaw?

Kampf?
I think he has agreed to waive or if he misses this whole season, I believe he’s ineligible for the draft and therefore doesn’t need to be protected because he can’t be picked.

In either scenario there Keith, Murphy and Zadorov are protected.

Forward wise with 7
Toews Kane Cat Strome Hagel Kampf Nylander

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think he has agreed to waive or if he misses this whole season, I believe he’s ineligible for the draft and therefore doesn’t need to be protected because he can’t be picked.

In either scenario there Keith, Murphy and Zadorov are protected.

Forward wise with 7
Toews Kane Cat Strome Hagel Kampf Nylander

ah, Okay I get ya know...

Thanks!

I agree keep Kampf over shaw, Andrew can be replaced with the likes of Hagel and Hagel does not take stupid PIMS like Shaw does...

Same goes for Toews though if he misses the whole year...

then we could protect another Forward...

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
ah, Okay I get ya know...

Thanks!

I agree keep Kampf over shaw, Andrew can be replaced with the likes of Hagel and Hagel does not take stupid PIMS like Shaw does...

Same goes for Toews though if he misses the whole year...

then we could protect another Forward...

Shaw is also a UFA after next year. I think the Hawks are going to lean towards keeping RFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad