Proposal: Calvin De Hann/Jake Virtanen

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would definitely do this deal...Could use another project at forward and moving De Haan opens up a spot for Beaudin full time this season...Carlsson looks to have fallen behind others on the depth chart...would prefer not to take back Benn in the deal as there is already a log jam at defense

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Would definitely do this deal...Could use another project at forward and moving De Haan opens up a spot for Beaudin full time this season...Carlsson looks to have fallen behind others on the depth chart...would prefer not to take back Benn in the deal as there is already a log jam at defense
Benn would be for cap purposes

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I like Virtanen because he's a fast and physical beast in NHL 21, and he typically fits with debrincat or Kane

In real life, I don’t know a ton about him.

His MO is inconsistency and not the best habits away from the puck, although Vanc fans were happier with hai defense recently.

Wasn't he scratched last year at the end? I don't think they're happy with him.

I don't think we need another reclamation project like him when we have too many forwards as is now. Plus I kind of want to see Carlsson through, there could be more there.

Id prefer trading de Haan with Soderberg/Wallmark to Edmonton for something. I think there could be something there.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
His MO is inconsistency and not the best habits away from the puck, although Vanc fans were happier with hai defense recently.

Wasn't he scratched last year at the end? I don't think they're happy with him.

I don't think we need another reclamation project like him when we have too many forwards as is now. Plus I kind of want to see Carlsson through, there could be more there.

Id prefer trading de Haan with Soderberg/Wallmark to Edmonton for something. I think there could be something there.
I like Carlsson a lot also. Just trying to level out the Trade age wise.

Reactions: Muffinalt

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I like CdH and think he is generally the best player in this deal, but holyyyyyy has he been bad this year. I wouldn’t be for the move, but also wouldn’t be upset if we made it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well I wiuld keep Carlsson.

Trade Murphy +DeHaan for Virtanen and a 2021 2nd and a 2022 2nd ...Or for a 2022 1st (unprotected) And a 2023 3rd .. they can remove tgse vets dmen from our yule clogging D coming.

Zadorov Keith
Mitchell Beaudin
Boqvist Carlsson

If Seabrook was back in then we see iifceither Seabrook or Carlsson sits or we rotate them.

Well ..timecwe find out if Mitchell and Beaudin can handle pk ..

Zadoriv-Keoth woukd be shutdown pair and 1st pk pair.

Murphyvand DeHazb do not fit the development curve for what we have now and coming on D.

Their slowness only hampers our d-zone exit issues andvourviffensivexpitentialbfrom our forwards.They need to go.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the Canucks need Defensive D that are reliable...

they would not think that dehaan fits that bill, Calvins shoulder injuries are a red flag that most teams won't touch...

Van misses Tanev more then they ever thought they would

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Well I wiuld keep Carlsson.

Trade Murphy +DeHaan for Virtanen and a 2021 2nd and a 2022 2nd ...Or for a 2022 1st (unprotected) And a 2023 3rd .. they can remove tgse vets dmen from our yule clogging D coming.

Zadorov Keith
Mitchell Beaudin
Boqvist Carlsson

If Seabrook was back in then we see iifceither Seabrook or Carlsson sits or we rotate them.

Well ..timecwe find out if Mitchell and Beaudin can handle pk ..

Zadoriv-Keoth woukd be shutdown pair and 1st pk pair.

Murphyvand DeHazb do not fit the development curve for what we have now and coming on D.

Their slowness only hampers our d-zone exit issues andvourviffensivexpitentialbfrom our forwards.They need to go.
No to trading Murphy unless it’s a overpayment

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't think Virtanen is going to do anything more for us than De Haan.

But this trade would save cap space for next season, and free up a permanent spot for Beaudin. For those reasons I don't mind it. But overall I don't see it as a trade that does much for us.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don't think Virtanen is going to do anything more for us than De Haan.

But this trade would save cap space for next season, and free up a permanent spot for Beaudin. For those reasons I don't mind it. But overall I don't see it as a trade that does much for us.
That's reasoning enough to do it. Idk why Vancouver would though.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Virtanen and Rights to Tryamkin (6’8” D to pair up with Zadorov)

for DeHann, Pirri and rights to Ejdsell

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Won’t work cap wise for Van
Also Pirri and Edsel rights are useless to them

sorry I didn’t look at the numbers just the players. I think the Russian d is an intriguing project. He is doing well in the khl

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
sorry I didn’t look at the numbers just the players. I think the Russian d is an intriguing project. He is doing well in the khl
No problem
Not sure if he has any interest in coming back over anymore. His rights expire in a year I believe once he hits 27.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Virtanen and Rights to Tryamkin (6’8” D to pair up with Zadorov)

for DeHann, Pirri and rights to Ejdsell

Tryamkin is 26 yr old d-man who has already had one kick at the can in the NHL and he is back in the KHL.

The Hawks already have several big D prospects in the system; Vlasic, Crevier, Regula, Phillips; I would rather try and develop them instead of investing one of the 50 contract spots on a reclamation project who’s only redeeming quality is that he is big.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Tryamkin is 26 yr old d-man who has already had one kick at the can in the NHL and he is back in the KHL.

The Hawks already have several big D prospects in the system; Vlasic, Crevier, Regula, Phillips; I would rather try and develop them instead of investing one of the 50 contract spots on a reclamation project who’s only redeeming quality is that he is big.

Ok

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I agree, I would rather go with Bennett over Virtanen----better hockey sense, but Vancouver has to be more desperate at this point so they might make a better trading partner.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I wouldn't do this trade.

No problem trading CDH albeit i don't think he has been as bad as many others think he is.

Carlsson not trading except for our need or overpayment.

Virtanen hasn't come in to training camp(ever?) in fit, no one needs that kind of players.

Benn not better than CDH.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Calvin De Hann and Lucas Carlsson
For
Jake Virtanen and Jordie Benn

Any interest? A bit bored.

Lose some salary next year
No thanks. Worst crew in the world.

I scrolled and scrolled and no one had made the joke. I'm disappointed in all of you. ALL OF YOU. Reddit would never.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad