Confirmed with Link: Calvin de Haan back in Raleigh for a PTO

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Very happy he’s getting a chance with us. He may not have much left in the tank but he won’t fail for a lack of effort. One of my favorite defenseman in the last decade for us, and when he first arrived he was one of a very small number of solid ufa’s to choose to sign with us and be happy to be here. Imo the door is always open for this guy to be part of the team.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Look if Dzingel came back anyone can. Hell we even have Stepan back. What's Alexi Salarra up to these days? :laugh:

I'm happy to have CDH back though and never liked moving him. He's always been a solid guy to have in the lineup. Can hold his own nicely too. Can he crack the roster? We'll see but I'm rooting for him.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Honestly if anyone is expecting the CDH that was on the Canes before, be prepped for disappointment...he definitely hasn't looked as good lately as he did then. That said, can't hurt on 3rd pairing really (if he plays like poo, we've got some depth guys who could work). Also, we may need to change our names to the CaroLTIRa Hurricanes...Patches, Kase, CDH, Gards. Plus, it's a PTO, we may very well have been the only offer and it's a chance for him to show other teams as well that he's still got enough for a contract, no guarantee PTO = SPC with us (same with Stepan)

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Honestly if anyone is expecting the CDH that was on the Canes before, be prepped for disappointment...he definitely hasn't looked as good lately as he did then. That said, can't hurt on 3rd pairing really (if he plays like poo, we've got some depth guys who could work). Also, we may need to change our names to the CaroLTIRa Hurricanes...Patches, Kase, CDH, Gards. Plus, it's a PTO, we may very well have been the only offer and it's a chance for him to show other teams as well that he's still got enough for a contract, no guarantee PTO = SPC with us (same with Stepan)

I think these recent turn of events with Dzingel/De Haan truly shows that us fans actually know nothing about the behind-the-scenes (though the Dzingel signing is more about the Wolves).

CDH has slowed some because of shoulder injuries, though one reason for optimism for improvement in future play is that he hasn't had a major knee or hip injury. Also, sometimes players play poorly on shitty teams because, well, there's not all that much to actually play for. Carolina's come a long way as an organization since CDH's first stint here, back when we were legitimately an upstart.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I would have rather rolled the dice with a 1 year 750K on Ryan Murray. CDH is Done with a capital D.
I watched Murray plenty last year and didn't see anything particularly special. I think they're choosing a guy they know, a guy that's been in the system, and one they don't have to commit anything to. And, if they don't see a guy that will work out, they will probably be perfectly content to go with some combination of Coghlan, Bear, Lajoie, and Chatfield on the bottom pair until the deadline.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
players have self awareness of their own play. he probably knew he wasn't playing up to his contract here and knew that something might happen. we liked him, but we didn't like him at his number. I like the move. I think that he'll be a stabilizing presence for bear and coghlan as they try to figure that 3rd pairing out. my belief is they want offense out of that RD slot on the 3rd pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad