Confirmed with Link: Callum Booth Signs Entry Level Deal

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
i worded it wrong. I mean as in prospect wise. Yes you give a good example but the thing is most people still have ned as a better prospect. but yes the future is unpredictable. We took a risk on murphy then put him in the nhl to soon. It was our management's fault on ruining him. Slavin was give time to develop. Also ned looked extremely solid in net at the nhl level by getting a penalty, us killing it off, (getting on the scoreboard) and saved every shot. we haven't seen that with Booth yet.

I think this is a myth. Ryan has had way more time in OUR system to develop when compared to Slavin. Slavin was older when he got to us because he stayed in college longer compared to Murphy, but Murphy has had much more time at the AHL level to try and learn the game. Slavin is just better. The three guys out playing Murphy who joined the team last year probably have less combined time in the AHL than Murphy. They just are better players. Management didn't ruin Murphy...Murphy ruined Murphy.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
i worded it wrong. I mean as in prospect wise. Yes you give a good example but the thing is most people still have ned as a better prospect. but yes the future is unpredictable. We took a risk on murphy then put him in the nhl to soon. It was our management's fault on ruining him. Slavin was give time to develop. Also ned looked extremely solid in net at the nhl level by getting a penalty, us killing it off, (getting on the scoreboard) and saved every shot. we haven't seen that with Booth yet.

Your post went from bad to worse. Where a guy was drafted does not automatically mean he's a better prospect 2-3 years post draft, which is what you are implying.

Secondly, the Canes didn't "ruin" Murphy by putting him in the NHL too soon.

Drafted 2011
Post draft +1: Stayed in CHL
Post draft +2: Stayed in CHL
Post draft +3: Split between NHL / AHL
Post draft +4: Split between NHL / AHL
Post draft +5: Split between NHL / AHL
Post draft +6: Fully NHL

Slavin
Drafted 2012
Post draft +1: Stayed in USHL
Post draft +2: NCAA
Post draft +3: NCAA
Post draft +4: Full time NHL (only 14 AHL games)

So post draft, Slavin played 142 games in lower leauges before becoming an NHL regular (USHL, NCAA + 14 AHL). Post draft, Murphy has played 185 games in lower leagues (103 CHL, 82 AHL).

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think this is a myth. Ryan has had way more time in OUR system to develop when compared to Slavin. Slavin was older when he got to us because he stayed in college longer compared to Murphy, but Murphy has had much more time at the AHL level to try and learn the game. Slavin is just better. The three guys out playing Murphy who joined the team last year probably have less combined time in the AHL than Murphy. They just are better players. Management didn't ruin Murphy...Murphy ruined Murphy.

I think the ***** who scrambled Murphy's brain in juniors ruined him TBH.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Also ned looked extremely solid in net at the nhl level by getting a penalty, us killing it off, (getting on the scoreboard) and saved every shot. we haven't seen that with Booth yet.

Also jorge alves looked extremely solid in net at the nhl level by getting 8 seconds and perfect gaa. we haven't seen that with Booth yet.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Your post went from bad to worse. Where a guy was drafted does not automatically mean he's a better prospect 2-3 years post draft, which is what you are implying.

Secondly, the Canes didn't "ruin" Murphy by putting him in the NHL too soon.

Drafted 2011
Post draft +1: Stayed in CHL
Post draft +2: Stayed in CHL
Post draft +3: Split between NHL / AHL
Post draft +4: Split between NHL / AHL
Post draft +5: Split between NHL / AHL
Post draft +6: Fully NHL

Slavin
Drafted 2012
Post draft +1: Stayed in USHL
Post draft +2: NCAA
Post draft +3: NCAA
Post draft +4: Full time NHL (only 14 AHL games)

So post draft, Slavin played 142 games in lower leauges before becoming an NHL regular (USHL, NCAA + 14 AHL). Post draft, Murphy has played 185 games in lower leagues (103 CHL, 82 AHL).

Solid analysis.
#solid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad