Injury Report: Calle Järnkrok (Groin)

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
please more simmonds!
Simmonds can't bring it everyday, way too many miles on that carcass.

pierce.gif

Reactions: Niagara Bill

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Much like Sandin and Lily, Robertson should be given some extended rope to see what he can do. Spot duty can be given to Malgin or Simmonds, but we know what they are.

Wouldn’t be opposed to giving Abruzzese a look too now that’s he’s had some time in the AHL

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Much like Sandin and Lily, Robertson should be given some extended rope to see what he can do. Spot duty can be given to Malgin or Simmonds, but we know what they are.

Wouldn’t be opposed to giving Abruzzese a look too now that’s he’s had some time in the AHL
If we are bringing anyone up from the Marlies I feel like it should be Steeves or Anderson. I would go with Steeves myself, add some more speed to the bottom 6.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
No need for Simmonds

Bunting Matthews Nylander
Robertson Tavares Marner
Kerfoot Kampf Engvall
ZAR Holmberg Malgin

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He needs it. He looked a little lost last night.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
No. I remember Hyman leaving for Edmonton in the summer of 2021 and Kampf joining the Leafs the same summer. To the best of my knowledge they have never played on the same team, dominant or otherwise.
Your right I think it was Hyman-Engvall-Mikheyev. Or something like that. My bad.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Could even run 11F 7D and get Timmins some time to slowly draw back into the lineup
I wouldn't do it and Keefe doesn't like it either

Jankrok was finding his game too. Tough but more opportunity for Robertson now

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
People are really expecting the most from a two way career 30 point scorer lmfaoo.

I do expect him to not be caved in constantly, yes.

His production was fine, but spending a lot of games stuck in your own end when your on the ice is not a good thing.

He was the only guy on the team who consistently dealt with that after the first 5 or so games.

Could even run 11F 7D and get Timmins some time to slowly draw back into the lineup

Makes more sense to let Robertson and Malgin play at the same time than to have both Hollowell and Timmins in at the same time. Neither are chewing up a lot of minutes in a traditional 6 man set up as it is.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Who is going to take his PK minutes?
That isn't Malgin or Robertson.
Somone on the Marlies?

Engvall or ZAR move up from the 3rd unit to play with Kerfoot. Both have been excellent PKers.

Robertson, Holmberg, or Malgin step in on the 3rd unit. All three have a decent amount of PK experience outside of the NHL.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope Robertson gets an extended look in the top 6 now. Keefe has had him on a short leash so far. He's had defensive lapses, but he also needs time to develop at this level.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
It was the HEM line. Mikheyev Engvall Hyman.
HEM line eh ?

H Hyman

E Enervated : synonym for soft
drained of energy or vitality.
"Pierre felt too enervated to resist"

M Mik

HEM line eh ?

H Hyman

E Enervated :synonym for soft
drained of energy or vitality.
"Pierre felt too enervated to resist"

M Mik

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I know people will claim this contract is awful but I mean he makes 2M and is the Kerfoot replacement 1.5 AAV cheaper. I doubt his contract is going to be an issue for us.

That said he is certainly not a top 6 winger or anything. Average bottom 6er who is ok at everything but not elite at anything

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I know people will claim this contract is awful but I mean he makes 2M and is the Kerfoot replacement 1.5 AAV cheaper. I doubt his contract is going to be an issue for us.

That said he is certainly not a top 6 winger or anything. Average bottom 6er who is ok at everything but not elite at anything
I sometimes wonder what people expect from 2 million dollar players?

Keeping to the rule of thumb of 100k per point he will easily surpass that.

Reactions: banks

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I sometimes wonder what people expect from 2 million dollar players?

Keeping to the rule of thumb of 100k per point he will easily surpass that.

Yup. People are like "A league min player could do that" but only remember the Bunting's and not the Vesey's. You pay a bit more for experience and know you are getting a legit NHler with that money

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Calle Järnkrok has a great sense of timing.

The Maple Leafs winger, out since Nov. 30 with a groin injury, returned to full practice on Monday — the same day the club traded forward Denis Malgin to the Colorado Avalanche.

“We missed him,” Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe said of Järnkrok, who stepped right into Malgin’s vacated spot on the second line.

The return of Järnkrok, meanwhile, gives the Leafs a more proven option up front.

Malgin, Nick Robertson (out with a shoulder injury) and Alex Kerfoot have all spent time on the Tavares line, with mixed results. Järnkrok put up five goals and four assists in 25 games prior to his injury, and has the speed and experience to compliment both Tavares and Marner.

“Just a veteran NHL player, moves his feet, can pass a puck, shoot a puck,” Keefe said of the 31-year-old Järnkrok. “It makes a difference having him out there, and you could see that in practice today. We started to play him (on the Tavares line) before he got hurt and we liked what we saw. It made perfect sense to go right back to it.”

Järnkrok is likely to play Tuesday night, when the Leafs host the Tampa Bay Lightning. Keefe remained cautious, however, after the winger’s first full practice in weeks. For his part, Järnkrok said he “feels good” and hopes to make his second-line stint last longer this time.

“I’m playing with very good players (Tavares and Marner) and it’s a lot of fun. They make it easy for me. My role is to keep playing my game, work as hard as I can and get pucks for those guys."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad