Injury Report: Calle Järnkrok (Groin)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Damnit. He hasn't blown the doors off so far here but he's been consistently solid.

He's actually been really bad before he went on Tavares and Marner's line. Really the only one who was consistently underperforming after a rough start for guys like ZAR.

At least it lets Malgin and Robertson stay in the lineup full time now.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He's actually been really bad before he went on Tavares and Marner's line. Really the only one who was consistently underperforming after a rough start for guys like ZAR.

Given that Kerfoot and Engvall exist on this team this is a lie, their work on the GWG tonight be damned.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Great, Robertson can finally play hockey instead of toiling in the press box.

Jarnkrok has underwhelmed me. He’s been better on the 2nd line, but so far seems like the Calgary guy instead of the Seattle/Nashville one.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I guess this means Simmonds, Malgin and Robertson will rotate a lot more in. I hope Robertson can string together a lot of games in a row.

Jarnkrok was pretty solid, he's going to be missed.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Given that Kerfoot and Engvall exist on this team this is a lie, their work on the GWG tonight be damned.

Before the surge by Bunting-Matthews-Nylander in the past few games, Kerfoot had the highest 5-on-5 GF% on the team. Engvall is breaking even despite a lower OZS% at ES too. They are positive in every statistical category at 5-on-5, and they are high end PKers to boot. Jarnkrok has been a high end PKer too, but he was consistently getting killed at ES before moving up.

Kerfoot needs to score more goals. That is pretty much it. If he converted 3 more goals, which is where he would be if he was matching his career shooting percentage rather than shooting less than 3%, he would be on a 45 point pace... And that is with far fewer offensive opportunities than he had last year.

Engvall has 6 points in his last 16 games after getting 0 in his first 7 games, and he too has a shooting percentage that is half his career norms. He missed all of training camp but after those 7 games, he has been significantly better.

Neither have come close to underperforming like Jarnkrok was, but it sucks because he was playing his best games recently.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I agree with this.

Steeves I thought was very promising in preseason.

The poor Marlies though.... :laugh:

The Marlies can weather an offensive loss. They have 5 PPG (or near PPG) players on that team, and a few others like Abramov and Abruzzese are starting to come on strong themselves.

Their defense is in shambles right now though. Leafs are not the only ones who have had to deal with injuries, and they don't have to deal with a club poaching their defensemen to deal with injuries of their own.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013

People are really expecting the most from a two way career 30 point scorer lmfaoo.

Reactions: Jacquestrapless

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Joey Anderson szn
Let it happen!

Remember that insanely dominant Engvall-Kampf-Hyman line from a few years ago? I'd like to see Joey Anderson try to fill that role left by Hyman as he can score and bang. Even if he can just be 80 % of Hyman that would be cool. And on the 4th line it's not a ton of risk to experiment for 5 games. On the 3rd line I'd go Robertson-Kerfoot-Malgin. Robertson's only value is his shot (until he rounds out his game) so put him with 2 guys in Malgin and Kerfoot that can get him the puck.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Malgin shouldn't be in the lineup he doesn't do anything, and no that doesn't just mean score although he doesn't do that either.

He doesn't do ANYTHING.

He's Josh Leivo 2.0

Josh Leivo provided NOTHING.

Malgin is fast that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad