Prospect Info: Calle Clang

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
His numbers looked good at first glance, but seeing them on par with Wallstedt‘s looks even better. That said, it’s just numbers and Wallstedt was drafted a year later.

I wouldn’t have targeted a goalie, but it’s not like we’re super deep there. OEE and Durny aren’t promising much of an NHL future, at this point, and Alexander is a project. Dostal is obviously special, but it kind of makes sense, depth-wise.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
His numbers looked good at first glance, but seeing them on par with Wallstedt‘s looks even better. That said, it’s just numbers and Wallstedt was drafted a year later.

I wouldn’t have targeted a goalie, but it’s not like we’re super deep there. OEE and Durny aren’t promising much of an NHL future, at this point, and Alexander is a project. Dostal is obviously special, but it kind of makes sense, depth-wise.
Different draft years but only 6 months apart. I don’t mind this add, especially with Dostal likely graduating next season.

Reactions: Vipers31 and Kalv

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Basicly we have Dostal and Cage, you can forget Durny and Eriksson Ek as something more than a backup/starter in the minors. So this addresses a big need.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I was kinda expecting we would have drafted a goalie in the first three rounds this draft or next draft to layer talent over from Dostal. With Clang on board, we don't have to use a draft pick on a goalie this draft. Alexander is still intriguing as a prospect and we do have a template on how he can play in net b/c we have Stolarz working with our netminding coaches.

Reactions: Vipers31 and Kalv
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I think Alexander with his big frame can possibly amount to something. Clang allows us to have another goalie in the system.

To be honest, besides Alexander and Dostal, our goalie prospects are lacking a bit

Reactions: sasha barkov

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think Alexander with his big frame can possibly amount to something. Clang allows us to have another goalie in the system.

To be honest, besides Alexander and Dostal, our goalie prospects are lacking a bit

I don't think we're giving Stolarz a lot of credit. While not a prospect, Stoli has been showing up at the NHL level to where we don't need Dostal at the NHL level. I think OEE can be a good backup, especially if the team in front of him is good too.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't think we're giving Stolarz a lot of credit. While not a prospect, Stoli has been showing up at the NHL level to where we don't need Dostal at the NHL level. I think OEE can be a good backup, especially if the team in front of him is good too.

Ah, yes. I keep forgetting about Stolarz.

He actually gives me confidence in knowing he's the backup.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad