Prospect Info: Calle Clang

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
The more I read into him, the more I like this prospect. Went fairly early for a goalie and has good numbers in Sweden. Looks like a better one of the goalie prospects of the 02 crop. Could be a stud.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Well... at least the Penguin's have a track history of finding some decent starting goalie talent... or at least better than average...

Another positive spin is that its looking more realistic that we are trading Gibby this offseason to fully commit to tanking. It's just unfortunate that we didn't at this deadline when teams are more desperate. Instead we can expect more futures that will make it to the team in 2027.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Well... at least the Penguin's have a track history of finding some decent starting goalie talent... or at least better than average...

Another positive spin is that its looking more realistic that we are trading Gibby this offseason to fully commit to tanking. It's just unfortunate that we didn't at this deadline when teams are more desperate. Instead we can expect more futures that will make it to the team in 2027.
Don’t need to trade Gibson to tank. Seems like he’s on board to me.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
For those worried about some sort of logjam or whatever, there's no reason to bring this guy over for at least another year or more likely two +. Let him earn his way into a starter's role in the SHL first. Dostal will be in the NHL then, and you have at least three other pro spots for Clang, Alexander, OEE or whoever. If they get in each other's way it's a good thing because it means they're performing.

We have plenty of prospect depth at all positions, so I'm not much bothered by a goalie at all. If there's a complaint I would have liked a higher end prospect of any type, but Clang seems to have a pretty good pedigree. Two time WJC member for Sweden, good numbers for a teenager in two levels of pro including the top league. Could be worse...

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The more I read into him, the more I like this prospect. Went fairly early for a goalie and has good numbers in Sweden. Looks like a better one of the goalie prospects of the 02 crop. Could be a stud.
Same. This trade gets a pass from me.
Ducks scouts great with evaluating goalies so I'd imagine they like this guy quite a bit.

If the Ducks re-signed Rakell what incentive does Rakell have to be less Lazy ? Probably even lower effort than before.
Maybe he will play great for a playoff run on Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad