News Article: Callahan, Boyle and Stralman return to MSG as former Rangers

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
When Callahan left New York he took out a full page ad in the papers thanking the Ranger fans.

When St. Louis left Tampa he.....................................

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
When Callahan left New York he took out a full page ad in the papers thanking the Ranger fans.

When St. Louis left Tampa he.....................................

...left a half-assed letter in his locker as he took a private jet up to New York right after a bad loss in St. Louis.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I guarantee we won't see Marty say the nice things about Tampa that Cally said last night about the Rangers and their fans. I'll be disappointed if we do much to 'honor' his return. I assume the org will do a video highlight, but it'd better be short and not-so-sweet.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You know, I'd actually like it if the organization did a tribute for Marty. While I don't feel warm fuzzies for him, that game kind of exorcised the demons, so let's part on good terms and move on.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I guarantee we won't see Marty say the nice things about Tampa that Cally said last night about the Rangers and their fans. I'll be disappointed if we do much to 'honor' his return. I assume the org will do a video highlight, but it'd better be short and not-so-sweet.

I hope it's short too. Will still boo him.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Really liked that article.

I can't help but wonder though if making him a "3rd liner PK guy" was a way of making him less valuble incase things would come down to negotiation talk, and by that I don't mean in trade value but in a way of saying "we're not going to pay a 3rd liner that much money" and in truth you shouldn't but Cally isn't one as much as they made him one if that makes sense? Oh well, better for us and better for SFY who could really use that in getting what he wanted.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really liked that article.

I can't help but wonder though if making him a "3rd liner PK guy" was a way of making him less valuble incase things would come down to negotiation talk, and by that I don't mean in trade value but in a way of saying "we're not going to pay a 3rd liner that much money" and in truth you shouldn't but Cally isn't one as much as they made him one if that makes sense? Oh well, better for us and better for SFY who could really use that in getting what he wanted.

That is utter BS though. Callahan was on the 2nd line with Richards and Hagelin, those guys became the 3rd line after he left, when the Zuccarello line took off and Richards was running out of gas. Cally was averaging over 16 to 17 mins a game with no PP time before he got traded.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad