Speculation: Call your shot. Who does Joe sign and/or what moves does he make today?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs with some minor moves:
  • Wennberg: 1+ 1 years @ $2M per;
  • Savard: trade 4th round pick;
  • Subban M (Goalie): 2 way contract Minors;
  • Bura - extended $4.75M per @ 3 years or 45% raise;
  • Nuke - $2.25M per @ 2 years;
  • Jost - $2M per @ 2 years;
  • Trade: Cole, Zadorov, Compher for picks
Minor deals that could fill multiple areas of need:
  • 3C - Wennberg;
  • RHD - Savard (1 year)
  • Minor Goalie - Backup with NHL experience;
  • Bura, Nuke & Jost - extended;
  • Trades clear roster space and approx. $11M cap savings.
Hall is unlikely to sign a short deal, expect a lucrative contract with either NSH, CLB or MTL.

Reactions: Richard88

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Desperately need to get a Savard type dman imo, that is essential.

Getting an upgrade on Compher is on the wishlist and would be nice but I don't necessarily expect it to happen this month.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Do you think the Avs just have a giant wheel with a bunch of names for available bottom-6ers that they spin to decide who they sign? I'd love that.
I was going to add that I thought of making a gif for such a scenario, but I don't have the time, imagination, patience or knowledge of non-Avalanche NHL players to be able to do so.

Reactions: SoundwaveIsCharisma

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Subban M (Goalie): 2 way contract Minors;
I actually really like Subban I had him on NHL 19 I think it was with a Seattle expansion team I did in franchise mode. Had a tandem of Korpisalo and Subban. He was a solid backup think he went 20-9 and then decided not to resign him cause I had a young prospect that was ready. I think he ended up becoming a starter for Dallas and never was as good as he was on my team. I’d love to have video game Subban :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Savard is the perfect fit IMO. Can do a little of everything, no long-term commitment, in that $4 million range that's been talked about. And plays for Columbus, can't forget that.

I'm more worried about us trying to jettison dead weight to be honest. I really want to add Savard but that means Z is likely traded and then we have the carcass of Cole laying around...I guess we just bury him and eat it?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Shattenkirk- 2 years 8 million
Hall- 2 year 16 million
Random 3rd string goalie better than Hutchinson
Trade Zadorov for nothing

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
unnamed.jpg
Using it again. Which may be OK for awhile. Watch the bullets fly with irons in the fire.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Need some bottom six depth as injuries will happen a lot this upcoming season. Just Wilson/Nieto/Namestnikov replacements alone would be good enough. Hopefully one of Kaut/Newhook can become regulars so let's sign at least a couple bonafide bottom six players. I dunno Nick Cousins or someone I'm just asking for a body that can play in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad