Call-Up Coming?

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
actually, firing the coach is the next move. but i have zero problem calling up strome, mayfield and lee...not because I hold out significant hope that they are our salvation, but more so i never have to see regin, pmb and carkner again.

Bob Mackenzie talked yesterday, said Isles have too many problems for it all to come on coach. There gonna make a move before they fire Caps.

Defense and Goaltending are our major concerns but so is secondary scoring. Strome's been playing C in BP. Separate lines a bit to create depth and try to create a balanced scoring threat from within. A trade may be coming but im not waiting any longer. Its after Thanksgiving. Strome's the only guy from the top of his draft class to not be in the NHL. Kid deserves a shot like Nelson does. Compton made a good point about how Strome should be 2nd line C for defensive reasons so this is what i would do.

Vanek-JT-Nelson
Bailey-Strome-Okposo
Grabner-Nielsen-Clutter
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald

Bouchard 1st to come in/Boulton and Regin should never suit up again

On Defense. Until we get healthy or a move is made. Just don't play Martinek and Carkner for the same game. If that happens your guaranteeing a lost almost.

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Not sure if a call-up is coming or not.

One thing is clear — we need to try to acquire a defender.

I think the Isles and Leafs may be able to make a move around one of Bailey or Grabner going to the Leafs and the Leafs sending Gardiner to the Isles.

Maybe Im wrong. Maybe the value is not there, but I think it is close if the Isles kick in a mid-round pick. Of the 2 — I would deal Bailey.

Id waive/demote Carkner, Martinek, Boulton.

Putting aside if the value is there for a moment... as much as I have felt Strome should play a full season in BP, with the Isles struggling as they have and LTIR to Nabby, Viz and Strait...and moving Bailey out... Id like the line up to be....

Vanek — Tavares — Okposo
The line has played well together and makes sense.

Strome — Bouchard — Clutterbuck
Id bring Strome up to play the wing and move Bouchard to his natural center spot to see if it sparks him. If not, Strome could always shift there, or Neilsen can move back up.

Nelson — Neilsen — Grabner
I think Nelson slots in well here, though he could also move up. Neilsen is the perfect 3rd line center and Grabner a great third line threat.

Martin — Cizikas — McDonald
No need to change this line. It is just fine.

If we acquire Gardiner....
A-Mac & Hamonic
Gardiner & de Haan
Hickey & Donovan

Poulin
Nilsson

Once the LTIR players come back...

de Haan and Donovan can be sent back to BP along with one of the goalies.

Ultimately.... with health in tact....

Vanek — Tavares — Okposo
Strome — Bouchard — Clutterbuck
Nelson — Neilsen — Grabner
Martin — Cizikas — McDonald

A-Mac & Hamonic
Gardiner & Visnovsky
Hickey & Strait

Nabokov
Poulin

Tinker as you will... but to me... Grabner has more to offer then Bailey and personally I think Bouchard deserves a look in the middle and Clutterbuck on the second line.

I believe both Bouchard and Clutterbuck would benefit from Strome being on the line. Clutterbuck should provide both Strome and Bouchard room, and he has hands to take the plays from both.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Bob Mackenzie talked yesterday, said Isles have too many problems for it all to come on coach. There gonna make a move before they fire Caps.

Defense and Goaltending are our major concerns but so is secondary scoring. Strome's been playing C in BP. Separate lines a bit to create depth and try to create a balanced scoring threat from within. A trade may be coming but im not waiting any longer. Its after Thanksgiving. Strome's the only guy from the top of his draft class to not be in the NHL. Kid deserves a shot like Nelson does. Compton made a good point about how Strome should be 2nd line C for defensive reasons so this is what i would do.

Vanek-JT-Nelson
Bailey-Strome-Okposo
Grabner-Nielsen-Clutter
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald

Bouchard 1st to come in/Boulton and Regin should never suit up again

On Defense. Until we get healthy or a move is made. Just don't play Martinek and Carkner for the same game. If that happens your guaranteeing a lost almost.

If Strome was called up I would try him with Vanek and Neilsen. Play JT with KO and Nelson. Try bailey with Regin and Grabs. Martin, cc, cb.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
If Strome was called up I would try him with Vanek and Neilsen. Play JT with KO and Nelson. Try bailey with Regin and Grabs. Martin, cc, cb.

I was thinking of something like this:

Bailey - Tavares - Okposo
Vanek - Strome - Nelson
Grabner - Nielsen - Clutterbuck
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald
x-Regin or PMB;Boulton

Try to trade PMB for a 4th or 5th. If you can't get it, just hold on to him as the 13th and waive Regin. Separate JT and Vanek in an attempt to get secondary scoring.

Bailey and KO have always shown solid chemistry in the past, so hopefully both can elevate their game with Tavares. Getting Bailey going would be huge.

Vanek gives Strome a high-end player to work with upon entering the NHL. Someone who can take full advantage of Strome's playmaking ability. Nelson would add some meat to that line.

Nielsen is 'dropped' down, but not really. I'd see it more as a 2A and 2B situation. Only difference is Nielsen's line will be used in more defensive situations than the Strome line. Either way, I'd keep Grabs with him and stick Clutter on the right for some toughness.

The fourth remains the same, since it's been one of our most consistent lines dating back to last season.

That is what I would go with, at least for a few games.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Im so surprised Cappy hasn't put the KO-Neilson-Bailey line back together. They were lights out towards the end of last season. As long as Tavares has Vanek I think you can put almost anyone with them.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Im so surprised Cappy hasn't put the KO-Neilson-Bailey line back together. They were lights out towards the end of last season. As long as Tavares has Vanek I think you can put almost anyone with them.

Ooo ooo I know this one! I know this one! " cause that would make sense"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad