Call the 2018 Conference Finals

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
There's a thread for next year's Cup Final, let's increase the level of difficulty & go with the Conference Final.

East

Pens vs Columbus (Blue Jackets jump over to Atlantic bracket & tear it apart). Ultimately fall to Pens in 5

West

Dallas vs Anaheim. (Stars fix a lot of holes in offseason & beats Anaheim in 6)

936LeafsOilers997

Dec 31, 2015
In another thread I had Dallas vs CBJ as the SCF. So for the conference finals I will go with:

Dallas vs Oilers
CBJ vs Tampa

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Pens over Caps - Caps finally get to Conf Finals via wildcard...and still lose to the Pens

Oilers over Stars

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs VS Pens

Flames VS Nashville

As Far as I can see in the east the Pens are the only team to fear, I don't see another team that can match Offense with the Leafs who else other than the Pens can throw out 3 lines that are either better than or equal to this?

Marleau Matthews Nylander

JVR Bozak Marner

Komarov Kadri Brown

Name me the team other than the Pens that can match that, I don't think you can

I see the Leafs and Pens not only winning the Atlantic and Metro, but COMPLETELY laying waste to them.

I see NO legitimate competition for either team, I think they will destroy the first 2 teams they face in the playoffs and then they will meet each other and it will be close but I do think that experience will win and the Pens will go to the final in 6 or 7 games.

That said if one of them do get upset early the other will walk to the final I see the east as a whole as a conference that has gotten worse and I just don't see any legitimate contenders to make the final other than the Leafs and Pens.

the west is different, you Calgary, Edmonton Dallas, Nashville, sorry Oiler fans, I originally had you facing Calgary, but I LOVE Calgary's D and I LOVE Nashville's D and I think both teams have the 2 best D cores in the NHL and I want to see which one is better and I think we will

I think we have a decent chance of having an all Canadian final for the 1st time since 1989

there is also a great chance we see a rematch of last years final

either way I think these are the 4 clear front runners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad