GDT: Call me Ishmael, return of the Blasty - Canucks(12-3-1) @ Flames(5-8-2) 7pm SNW

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Based Rick Ball bitching about the speed limit in Banff National Park being only 90.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
That one is dumb but even dumber is Highway 1 being 80 by COP until you're well out of the city. Brand new 4 lane highway. 80km/hr

I haven't driven it in a while as it was still under massive construction the last time I went through it, but yeah, huge stretch where it's 80 and no work is being done.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Weegar is a completely different player than he was last year, for the better. He was already improving late into last year, but his dominance at the Worlds really upped his confidence for this year.

This is one reason why I feel all the people bitching about Huberdeau are COMPLETELY out to lunch, the guy is still a talented player, he just has the confidence levels equal to me right now. Not saying he hasn't been bad, but the overreactions after a dozen games are hysterical.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Weegar is a completely different player than he was last year, for the better. He was already improving late into last year, but his dominance at the Worlds really upped his confidence for this year.

Weegar is just playing smarter I think. He took a lot of risks in Florida and sometimes they'd be costly. Also, id say Calgary defensively is better than Florida when Weegar was there, so that helps.
This is one reason why I feel all the people bitching about Huberdeau are COMPLETELY out to lunch, the guy is still a talented player, he just has the confidence levels equal to me right now. Not saying he hasn't been bad, but the overreactions after a dozen games are hysterical.
A dozen games? It's been more than a full season now. I think flames fans have a right to be upset at Huberdeau's play at this point.

I still think he has it in him, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Pospisil is much more entertaining than Ruzicka who just float mostly

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Ruzicka will get it going, I think. May be still not 100%. Though I know it's a bit of a issue -- the consistency thing, with him. God, when he's on.. he's on.

Reactions: joescores

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

I still stand by my Huberdeau opinions. He hasn't shown shit so far and he's only good at one thing and we don't play a style that he will get to use it much. He's going to be terrible here unless they change the style and get him a center like Bennett. Confidence may be a problem for him but him gaining some won't solve his flaws as a player.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Love seeing the Blasty jersey's. How did the 1st period go?
I was at an OHL game tonight. Niagara Ice Dogs beat the Barrie Colts 5-2. Fun game.
Markstrom looked fine outside of the goal. He'd likely want that back, I think. Not terrible but Vancouver had a lot of pressure. Great play on the goal Weegar scored.

Definitely need more against these Nucks.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wearing the Blasty means Dube is a lock to score.

Told ya. Hopefully @flames23 bet on it

dillon-dube-dube.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad