GDT: Call me Ishmael, return of the Blasty - Canucks(12-3-1) @ Flames(5-8-2) 7pm SNW

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man, when Hoglander scored and then Popsicle took that penalty, I thought the Canucks might end up scraping out another comeback.

Gonna need to see a few more wins before I learn how to relax.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Nice dig by Coleman and Backlund. Like Backs reaction to Huberdeau scoring, and for that matter the rest of his teammates too. They know it's been kicking his ass lately.

Quality game from the Flames. Thought all 4 lines had a pretty good night. Nice to see Huberdeau and Lindholm get on the scoresheet. Extra nice to beat a divisional opponent that's been on fire at the Dome.
big ups to AJ Greer, thought he was great in this one

Last edited:

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
49cacc9ef37183552da4784c0d56a05e.gif

Beating the Canucks never fails to brighten the day.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Best game of the season and I pooped myself in the bed. The start was set to 2am my local time and I didn't want to have a miserable weekend! Ooh terrible. Well done Flames, happy for Huberdeau and Lindholm!!

Islanders on the menu tomorrow who must be tired after 2 back to back draws on the trip.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Also re Ruzicka, he doesn't look 100% to me but those questioning his points production- since he got back he has hit post 2 or 3 times, goalies made fantastic stops or his passes in key chances were not converted. Could easily have extra 4-5 points. He is super versatile and will rack the points soon.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also re Ruzicka, he doesn't look 100% to me but those questioning his points production- since he got back he has hit post 2 or 3 times, goalies made fantastic stops or his passes in key chances were not converted. Could easily have extra 4-5 points. He is super versatile and will rack the points soon.

I give Ruz a pretty long leash as he never got one in his career so far. Indeed he came close a few times but I agree I think he's still not quite 100%. I

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Hanifin might be our best player this year. He’s flying out there and seems like his confidence is all-time high

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I didn't think I'd like Popsicle this much.
This is exactly what I was thinking watching him before his recall. He's a completely different player than before. At first I was concerned about him being on the Wranglers top line, but he was great.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Good game but I still hate this f***ing jersey. :D

Oleg Saprykin disapproves

:pout:

On a related note . . . It'd be almost threadworthy to discuss who had the most taped ankles in history. Oleg and Pavel Bure have to be in the discussion. I also wonder if it contributed to Bure's knee problems as it seemed his legs didn't bend at the ankles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad