Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
SH-California-or-Bust.jpg

and it isn't starting well

Injured Brad Marchand, Anders Bjork don’t make West Coast road trip

At the other end of the bad news/good news spectrum, center David Krejci, out 10 games with a suspected back ailment, continues to progress. He will make the trip and intends to play at some point.

“Krejci is traveling,” said Cassidy. “I guess now he’s called more day-to-day than week-to-week. So we’ll see where he’s at with a good team practice (today in Anaheim), and then we’ll have a better idea whether (tomorrow) is possible.”

Because of all the season-long roster absences and uncertainty, the B’s coach will not put much credence in the accepted wisdom about the NHL standings and Thanksgiving: That something like 77 percent of the time, the teams in playoff positions on Turkey Day will still be there at season’s end.

Barring a highly unlikely West Coast sweep, the B’s will not be in a playoff position next Thursday.

“We’re aware of the stats or the data with that,” said Cassidy. “We want to be mindful of that, but it can’t run the show, so to speak. As a group, the message has to be we’ve got to stick with the process. If you trust the process and play the right way, then we believe we’ll get enough points. It might not be by Nov. 24. That’s just the way we feel.

“Given the amount of adversity we’ve dealt with, I think we’re going to have to say the Thanksgiving thing goes. We don’t even know what our true team looks like. So I don’t think it’s fair to use that benchmark.”

086613ac4572498dd0da25e473f88950.jpg

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Wait, so other than Patrice Bergeron and Pastrnak, we have Providence players (plus 3rd/4th liners in Schaller, Nash, Beleskey) ... ? Going to be one hell of a road trip.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Wait, so other than Patrice Bergeron and Pastrnak, we have Providence players (plus 3rd/4th liners in Schaller, Nash, Beleskey) ... ? Going to be one hell of a road trip.

That's when you need Rask to steal some points.

And Anaheim is pretty banged up too so that's a plus.

They come home with more than 2pts and it's a positive trip to me considering roster...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Top 6 Talent: Bergeron, Pastrnak,
4th Line Talent: Schaller, Kuraly, Szwarz, Beleskey, Nash, Vatrano, Acciari
Rookies: Cehlarik, Heinen, DeBrusk = All have top 6-9 talent, but are young and inexperienced.

DeBrusk -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Cehlarik -- Szwarz -- Heinen
Schaller -- Nash -- Vatrano
Beleskey -- Kuraly -- Acciari

7/12 are legit 4th line players.
2/12 are legit top 6 players.
3/12 are rookies

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Since they're not playing well I don't feel guilty about not staying up to watch them. Maybe this weekend.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Silver linings: DK will likely be back, which means we at least have a hope of having two scoring lines. Excited to see Cehlarik again in a top 6 role.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Silver linings: DK will likely be back, which means we at least have a hope of having two scoring lines. Excited to see Cehlarik again in a top 6 role.
I am happy DK will be back but if I had to choose between DK or Brad I would pick Brad every time. I would rather they both be in the line up.

I don't sleep well . I will watch from bed .

I just hope there are no more injuries and that we get a few of the guys back...soon.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Curious to see the different dynamic Krejci and Cehlarik could bring and with Vatrano playing better they might be okay since Anaheim is banged up also . Looking forward to the late starts . I am working 3-11 so will just be getting home to watch some hockey .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Looking forward to seeing Cehlarik. Going to be difficult for him. Not in game shape having only plAyed 1 game since his return from injury. Hope bruins aren't rushing him back.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dressing multiple rookies can make life hard for the Bruins

Superstars such as Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron deliver excellent performances every game. Zdeno Chara and Kevan Miller do not always go on the attack, but their coaches can depend on shutdown defensive play on each shift. Even a career AHLer such as Jordan Szwarz has grown to the point where he meets reasonable expectations on most of his journeys over the boards for the Bruins.
Then there are rookies.
Coaches love consistency. It’s one of the most elusive characteristics for NHL newbies to master.

The Bruins are fully boarded on the youth train. It rarely travels in a straight line.

Dressing multiple rookies can make life hard for the Bruins - The Boston Globe

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I fail to see how In n Out beats Five Guys in any way, shape, or form. Granted, I've never tasted In n Out...the burgers look good. Definitely wouldn't avoid it. But I'm not a "burger sauce" kind of guy, so In n Out is kind of lost on me. I'm simple. Just a patty (two if I'm bad) with cheese, BLT, and top it with BBQ sauce (ketchup acceptable in a pinch). And onion rings over fries, ALWAYS.

Building up my late-night tolerance so I can watch the game tomorrow. It's not going to be pretty. I know the last 3-4 years we've been woefully inadequate in California, and I don't see any reason for that trend to change. Individually, I'd usually take Marchand over Krejci if I could make one better, but I can see the argument that we'll be better with Krejci: finally, a second line that can do something.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I fail to see how In n Out beats Five Guys in any way, shape, or form. Granted, I've never tasted In n Out...the burgers look good. Definitely wouldn't avoid it. But I'm not a "burger sauce" kind of guy, so In n Out is kind of lost on me. I'm simple. Just a patty (two if I'm bad) with cheese, BLT, and top it with BBQ sauce (ketchup acceptable in a pinch). And onion rings over fries, ALWAYS.

Building up my late-night tolerance so I can watch the game tomorrow. It's not going to be pretty. I know the last 3-4 years we've been woefully inadequate in California, and I don't see any reason for that trend to change. Individually, I'd usually take Marchand over Krejci if I could make one better, but I can see the argument that we'll be better with Krejci: finally, a second line that can do something.

There is a mystique with In n Out as they won't expand willy nilly. Family owned and I tahink all stores are company owned.

They expanded into Dallas but that is as far east as they are coming.

Kings radio announcer on KABC isn't bad - not a screamer. Hoping to make it there for third period.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Real talk, Five Guys is way better than In-N-Out.

I spent $25 on tickets for tomorrow and Marchand, Bjork, and Krejci aren't even playing? ugh.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Real talk, Five Guys is way better than In-N-Out.

I spent $25 on tickets for tomorrow and Marchand, Bjork, and Krejci aren't even playing? ugh.

Concur. Having grown up part of my life in So Cal with In N Out and then revisiting it recently at their location near Austin, I can say they are overpriced and overrated. It's just the mystique, the innuendo of the name, and Fenway is right, because they haven't gone truly national. Five Guys is far and away a better burger and the fries don't even compare.

Here's hoping for the Bruins to get In-N-Out of California with at 3+ points :amazed:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Concur. Having grown up part of my life in So Cal with In N Out and then revisiting it recently at their location near Austin, I can say they are overpriced and overrated. It's just the mystique, the innuendo of the name, and Fenway is right, because they haven't gone truly national. Five Guys is far and away a better burger and the fries don't even compare.

Here's hoping for the Bruins to get In-N-Out of California with at 3+ points :amazed:
The burgers are fine, even if there's very little variation in topics. The fries suck though. Cheap, flavorless fries that they put some thousand island dressing over and act like it's some kind of secret knowledge? Five Guys has those delicious fresh cut fries that they fill your entire bag with, and you can put just about anything on your burger. I'll take it 10 out of 10 times over In-N-Out.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad