Proposal: Calgary/Toronto

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Bennett is nothing special and is worse than Kerfoot. Hamonic is a 2nd pairing rental. And Mangiapane is nothing special. Absolute ceiling is a 3rd liner

Not knocking calgarys guys but that is not a package you move Nylander for. Not a chance
IMO, Bennett still has time to turn things around.
Hamonic, has been known to be a beast and is also a RHD that could replace Ceci on the top pair.
Mangiapane is deceptively talented. I think he has some good upside.
We also get to rid ourselves of Nylander’s contract. More cap space moving forward = more options
With said cap space we can go out and get a proper backup.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Hamonic, has been known to be a beast and is also a RHD that could replace Ceci on the top pair.
We also get to rid ourselves of Nylander’s contract. More cap space moving forward = more options
Bennett isnt anything special and would be our 4th best center. Not saying he is a 4th liner, but we have Matthews-Tavares-Kerfoot

Yes Hamonic is good but he is a RENTAL

Mangiapane is just another Trever Moore. Nothing special just a solid bottom 6er

"rid" ourselves of Nylanders contract? Youre not one of those guys are you? Nothing wrong with his deal and with how he is playing its looking like it could be a steal as soon as this year.

Cap space for a backup lmao. Yeah lets trade our young 1st line RW for scraps so we can sign a backup. Profit!!

Reactions: 1FreakZilla3

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Bennett isnt anything special and would be our 4th best center. Not saying he is a 4th liner, but we have Matthews-Tavares-Kerfoot

Mangiapane is just another Trever Moore. Nothing special just a solid bottom 6er

"rid" ourselves of Nylanders contract? Youre not one of those guys are you? Nothing wrong with his deal and with how he is playing its looking like it could be a steal as soon as this year.

Cap space for a backup lmao. Yeah lets trade our young 1st line RW for scraps so we can sign a backup. Profit!!
So, you think when I said cap space, you thought goaltending was the only thing I would spend it on? I just made a suggestion. One that I though would be obvious if we shored up all those other positions in the trade.
I’ll say it again. I don’t like Nylander’s game. That’s all there is to it.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
So, you think when I said cap space, you thought goaltending was the only thing I would spend it on? I just made a suggestion. One that I though would be obvious if we shored up all those other positions in the trade.
I’ll say it again. I don’t like Nylander’s game. That’s all there is to it.
I figured you didnt like him. That doesnt mean we should sell him for pennys on the dollar. If we traded him, it would be for a young top 4 D like Pesce. However I doubt he is moved. Finding his own and could very well be a ppg guy sometime during his deal. There are easier ways to get cap space than trade our young 1st liner for much much lesser pieces

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
I figured you didnt like him. That doesnt mean we should sell him for pennys on the dollar. If we traded him, it would be for a young top 4 D like Pesce. However I doubt he is moved. Finding his own and could very well be a ppg guy sometime during his deal. There are easier ways to get cap space than trade our young 1st liner for much much lesser pieces
I’m all for trading him for the best possible package. But imo, he’s got to go.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I’m all for trading him for the best possible package. But imo, he’s got to go.
Just sayin, this is NOT the best package that would be available. Why are you so ready to see him go? Did he smile at your girl and she blushed or something?

flamesburnoil

Feb 18, 2015
Nylander
Petan
Marincin

For

Bennett
Mangiapane
Hamonic
2nd
Not a chance this would ever happen are 3 most gritty players that we need more of not less ,I don't want Nylander anywhere near the flames. I'd love it if the flames never traded with the leaf's again, because we always get bent over.

flamesburnoil

Feb 18, 2015

Lol ya nothing special about Bennett he has just been our best playoff player which is what you need if you want to win you need too quit watching the stat lines there is way more to hockey then the stats it's not baseball

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol ya nothing special about Bennett he has just been our best playoff player which is what you need if you want to win you need too quit watching the stat lines there is way more to hockey then the stats it's not baseball
Bennett is a fine player but definitely not a focal point in a Nylander trade

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
0 chance Kap or Johnsson get moved for a rental

If Ceci is going the other way then for sure I would move Johnsson in a heart beat to give cap flexibility this year and next year. Johnsson is replaced easily by Moore, Hyman or Engvall on that Matthews line.

Hamonic is an upgrade on Ceci this year and worry about next year next year.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Hamonic has been 'Ceci' bad 4 of the last 5 seasons

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames have no interest in a player like Nylander. We have enough one dimensional offensive players. Nylander doesn't get us over the hump in terms of depth.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
If Ceci is going the other way then for sure I would move Johnsson in a heart beat to give cap flexibility this year and next year. Johnsson is replaced easily by Moore, Hyman or Engvall on that Matthews line.

Hamonic is an upgrade on Ceci this year and worry about next year next year.
Im not dying to rid ourselves of Ceci since he is a ufa anyway. The upgrade of Ceci-Hamonic (who is a rental) is not worth Johnsson. if we move Johnsson or Kap it should be for a long term D or part of a big package

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Lucic + Hamonic + (Janks+3rd OR Bennett) for Ceci + Spezza + Kapenen

4v3 or 3v3 trade both teams swap bad salary and get marginal improvements in areas of weakness.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Oh he must be why you guys have won one whole playoff game over your last two runs.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
throwing stones in a glass house huh?

You're right, better get the broom out and start sweeping instead.

It's weird how you guys have all these elite playoff performers who play "the right way" like Tkachuk and Bennet, and they're absolutely useless in the playoffs so far with 1 win between them.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Lucic + Hamonic + (Janks+3rd OR Bennett) for Ceci + Spezza + Kapenen

4v3 or 3v3 trade both teams swap bad salary and get marginal improvements in areas of weakness.

No one is taking Lucic / that contract. And Hamonic has bad too. Plus you want the leafs to throw in Kapenen ? Yeah i dont see the leafs doing that. Beside Ceci is here for only one year. There absolutely no way leafs take Lucic ever and not for 4 more years even if he brings grit.

There isn't only one way win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad