Proposal: Calgary - Toronto

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Not interested in trading Bracco. He's a throw-in in this deal, and his value could easily sky-rocket to a top-6 winger in a year or two.

Maybe something around Borgman for Andersson, with a substantial plus from our side. Trade some of our LD depth for some of your RD depth.

Huge fan of Andersson though, and I'd be willing to trade this years first for him. If Leaf fans don't know, he's been about the same or (a little) better than Dermott since they've both been drafted in the same round in 2015. He's a long-term solution to a top-4 spot as much as Dermott is.

Reactions: Las Llamas

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Andersson is way more valuable than they mystery box. No thanks.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like Andersson, but not for that price. Bracco is our most talented forward prospect and we aren't really in a spot to trade away our first yet

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
From what I gather, Andersson is similar in terms of upside and development as Dermott. Is that fair to say?

If so, wouldn't be against adding a player of that calibre for a first rounder.

Reactions: Morgs

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
No to Michael Stone, at all.

Don't know about the package for Andersson though. It would depend who's on the board for me. Andersson does fit a need for us and can grow into the role we want him for, he's certainly exceeded his draft value since being picked.

Not interested in trading Bracco. He's a throw-in in this deal, and his value could easily sky-rocket to a top-6 winger in a year or two.

Maybe something around Borgman for Andersson, with a substantial plus from our side. Trade some of our LD depth for some of your RD depth.

Huge fan of Andersson though, and I'd be willing to trade this years first for him. If Leaf fans don't know, he's been about the same or (a little) better than Dermott since they've both been drafted in the same round in 2015. He's a long-term solution to a top-4 spot as much as Dermott is.

Dermott's value has exceeded Andersson's by quite a bit, due to his play in the NHL...he's possibly even elevated his game (at his usage) in the NHL versus AHL. Andersson still has to prove his worth with his cup of tea at the NHL level.

But yes, if we're talking about simply their performance up to the AHL level, they were similar caliber of prospects. Andersson has better underlying numbers, by some metrics (AHL). Should be noted that Stockton plays a more defensive oriented game than the Marlies though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
From what I gather, Andersson is similar in terms of upside and development as Dermott. Is that fair to say?

If so, wouldn't be against adding a player of that calibre for a first rounder.
Yeah, I value Andersson and Dermott equally.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Why would Calgary even consider trading him?

Or is this just a terrible proposal thread?

Hamilton
Hamonic
Stone

There just isn't room for him right now. It obviously does not make sense at all, hence why I would prefer trading Fox (who is a really good prospect but probably won't sign with us), or Stone.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Hamilton
Hamonic
Stone

There just isn't room for him right now. It obviously does not make sense at all, hence why I would prefer trading Fox (who is a really good prospect but probably won't sign with us), or Stone.

Anything I'm missing as to why he might not sign besides the fact he's returning to Harvard next year? Just curious...as you probably know better about the grape vine than I do with him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Anything I'm missing as to why he might not sign besides the fact he's returning to Harvard next year? Just curious...as you probably know better about the grape vine than I do with him.

It's just a pure guess, pure speculation on my part. We already are fine on the RD depth, so why not trade someone who has high value and also a better chance of playing on a different team with NHL minutes? If you step in his shoes, he has to compete against Hamilton, Hamonic, Stone, and even Andersson. Harvard is a great school, don't blame him for signing just yet. But I don't see us taking that risk of trying to keep him in hopes that he signs with us.

With a team that took a huge gamble on trading their 1st, we would feel a lot better thinking that we just traded Fox and two 2nds for Hamonic.

Reactions: firstemperor

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Was there an OP edit or something? This thread makes no sense. Why are peolle talking about Stone?

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I wouldn't mind it. However, Flame fans seem to think they have like 6 #1D so I'm wondering if they are overrating their D prospects as well

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't mind it. However, Flame fans seem to think they have like 6 #1D so I'm wondering if they are overrating their D prospects as well

All fans overrate their prospects

but why lie to make a point...who the hell says the Flames for 6 #1D?

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

I feel like that's more something I hear people say that Flames' fans say rather than something we actually say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad