Proposal: Calgary - Toronto

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
To Calgary: Leafs 2018 1st round pick, Jeremy Bracco

To Toronto: Rasmus Andersson

Leafs get a good RHD prospect a few years along in the development and the flames get a 1st to replenish their pool + a lottery ticket to help out their forward depth.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Nope, Andersson probably allows the Flames to trade one of their defensenen for greater value. Bracco is not all that interesting.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I honestly dont even know anything about Andersson. I would rather see where we end up before w etrade our first and more than likely if toronto is trading their first, its for a proven player

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Not down for Leafs trading away a 1st rounder unless its for a young proven player.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wouldn't mind it. Really like Andersson though. You might be better off trading for Mi. Stone for a 3rd rounder.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Wouldn't mind it. Really like Andersson though. You might be better off trading for Mi. Stone for a 3rd rounder.
I’m not really interested or impressed with stone.

Leafs need dman that fit the team culture, 2 way dman who can skate.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Not sure about what the Flames would want, but I'd definitely be interested in Rasmus Andersson from the Leafs perspective.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Given he got a 3rd as a rental, now that he has term I don't see it being super likely he actually gets less.
he has a pretty expensive contract for a bottom-pair dman. imo he had more value as a rental than as a locked up player because of this contract.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
You do realize the leafs 1st rounder this year is likely at least 1 1/2 years from playing in the NHL, right?

And?? there's still a possibility that player becomes a better player than anything Rasmus Andersson ever becomes. The Leafs have had a long history of terrible management trading away 1st round picks like nothing only to regret it down the road. So I would imagine you can understand where I'm coming from.

No offence but a player like Rasmus Andersson isn't exactly a name that jumps out at one and makes them say "Hey lets trade our 1st rounder for him!" He hasn't even put up a single point in the NHL yet.

I don't even see how Rasmus Andersson is better than guys the Leafs can potentially bring up from the Marlies like defenceman Andreas Borgman who is just 22 and has already put up points in games he's played with the Leafs so far.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
he has a pretty expensive contract for a bottom-pair dman. imo he had more value as a rental than as a locked up player because of this contract.

I feel like Stone plays a lot better with more minutes. Not saying that he would in Toronto, but if he was your #4/#5, playing in the 2nd pairing, I think he'd be a good player. Besides, our team has no idea how to utilize this guy. Want a guy that can really snipe a shot? It's Stone. I can see him on your PP with him and Marner up on the top, Marner feeding him all day with that slapper.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
To Calgary: Leafs 2018 1st round pick, Jeremy Bracco

To Toronto: Rasmus Andersson

Leafs get a good RHD prospect a few years along in the development and the flames get a 1st to replenish their pool + a lottery ticket to help out their forward depth.

Does not make sense for Flames. If Flames want to replenish their pool, they should not start by trading Andersson who's looking promising at the moment.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I feel like Stone plays a lot better with more minutes. Not saying that he would in Toronto, but if he was your #4/#5, playing in the 2nd pairing, I think he'd be a good player. Besides, our team has no idea how to utilize this guy. Want a guy that can really snipe a shot? It's Stone. I can see him on your PP with him and Marner up on the top, Marner feeding him all day with that slapper.
marner's the guy that slap passes to jvr for tip ins/garbage goals on the pp and its been really effective so idk if babcock would change that up because of a new player. also i think stone is a decent player as well but at that cap hit it is kind of expensive for a guy who'd be on our bottom pair.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Would also add that I'd rather trade Fox.

I'm guessing Tre is looking for a trade along the lines of veteran player (Brodie maybe?) and prospect for a 1st. He seems to be a guy that's always kicking the tires. Trading prospect(s) for a 1st does not fit the plan going forward. Of course if he thinks Fox won't sign it's a different thing.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
marner's the guy that slap passes to jvr for tip ins/garbage goals on the pp and its been really effective so idk if babcock would change that up because of a new player. also i think stone is a decent player as well but at that cap hit it is kind of expensive for a guy who'd be on our bottom pair.

Considering Stone wouldn't come to Toronto until the summer, that Marner to JVR recipe probably isn't going to be a factor anyways

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Leafs already have a great RHD in Liljegren, an interesting one in Rasanen and likely draft another one with the pick in this proposal. Babock isn't going to play a bunch of prospects when he already has Dermott in the lineup. I don't see the need for this deal.

No disrespect to Rasmus.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't see the appeal for the Flames.

Andersson is likely better than the player they get with that pick, is ready to play now and Bracoo doesn't really have much appeal at all.

If we are moving Andersson I would prefer it addresses our need up front. We don't need to trade young guys for picks.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Don't think it's worth it for the Flames. Andersson is ready for the NHL now. Flames would be smarter moving out one of their NHL depth D. They won't get a 1st but at least then they'd have room for Andersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad