Pre-Game Talk: Calgary @ Toronto | Friday at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Excuses for Friday and Saturday already being prepped.

Friday: "Too many days off!" "They were rusty!"
Saturday: "Tired from the back to back."

Reactions: NiftyMits

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If he can’t get it done with Tavares and Nylander, that’s pretty much a curtain call.

No one can play with Nylander & Tavares. Adding a third shooter on that line wont change that.
Playing alongside Matthews getting feeds from Marner is a far more likely successful spot.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I’m pretty stoked to see Alex G get his chance actually
I’m proud of our organization his they handled it all and for his part , with all the positive feedback and actual results on the ice . Good for him , everyone deserves opportunities..
It could turn out to be huge or nothing
I wish him well
Go Leafs Go

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Galchenyuk given golden opportunity in the top 6 with Tavares and Nylander as his linemates. Acid test.

We might feel like dropping some after watching that trio for a period or two. Then everything would be just fine.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Ever since Barabanov was sent down to the Marlies,
we've been playing like shit.

Put Thornton on the taxi sqaud. His speed and defensive play is non-existent. All he has been doing is turning the puck over.

Simmonds - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk (if he impresses) - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Engvall - Spezza - Barabanov

For Thornton to go to the taxi squad, he'd have to waive his NMC and then clear waivers.

Reactions: Buds17

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
I don't think I've missed the presence of another 3rd/4th liner as much as I have Wayner. His net front presence on the PP has been SO SO SO missed. They have rotated so many guys in that spot, and none of them even come close to being as effective as Wayne. Not to mention, by all accounts he sounds like the heartbeat of the Leafs bench. I really hope he gets in on Friday, and I really hope he doesn't drop the mitts for a while. We can't lose this guy for an extended period of time again. Let that wrist heal for a month or so before you cave in another face

Trust me, as a guy that broke his hand... he won't be getting into any fights any time soon.. for me, I broke my M5 Metacarpal, took almost 2 years to feel normal from that break, yet I still feel it when there is a storm coming.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
I’m pretty stoked to see Alex G get his chance actually
I’m proud of our organization his they handled it all and for his part , with all the positive feedback and actual results on the ice . Good for him , everyone deserves opportunities..
It could turn out to be huge or nothing
I wish him well
Go Leafs Go

It should be interesting, but my hopes are not high at all... GLG! finally get to watch a game tomorrow! AND Saturday... then another 5 days off =( hate this schedule!

Reactions: Teeder Keon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad