Calgary Stampeders 2013 Discussion

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Yeah, a lot of potential there. I like Tate, but he's looking like Buck Pierce 2.0. Stampeders may just have to protect Mitchell at the expansion draft. We're losing one of our QBs to Ottawa.

Any chance we can trade them a high draft pick for taking Glenn and leaving us with Tate and Levi?

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Any chance we can trade them a high draft pick for taking Glenn and leaving us with Tate and Levi?

id just give them the choice of glenn and tate. they take tate we keep a vet who can help ease in bo. they take glenn we have 2 young qbs but one who is injury prone.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I would say Huffnagal is probably one of the best coach/GM's the CFL has ever seen.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I would say Huffnagal is probably one of the best coach/GM's the CFL has ever seen.

I don't know about all time, but definitely the best in the CFL today, IMO.

Awesome game last night, great atmosphere at McMahon. I love seeing all the dejected green leaving the stadium. Beastly game for Cornish. Lewis and Glenn with great performances too.

Can't wait for next week's game vs the Lions.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Glenn doesnt have what it takes to win it all. good regular season QB for the most part.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Glenn doesnt have what it takes to win it all. good regular season QB for the most part.

He's better than Tate IMO. Tate either gets pissed at his team or gets hurt every other play. Not a good team guy and he's made of glass.

I actually wouldn't mind pulling a Winnipeg and making Bo Levi starter for the rest of the season. Develop him and also win games.

But if Tate is the guy we protect next year for the Ottawa expansion draft, I will be pretty pissed off.

Anyways, close game last night. Anyone, minus Edmonton (LOL) in the west has a chance to win er all. Crossover for sure, we might see two west teams square off in the big game.

Also, anyone know what happened to Nik?

That's it for me for now though.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Anyways, close game last night. Anyone, minus Edmonton (LOL) in the west has a chance to win er all. Crossover for sure, we might see two west teams square off in the big game.

Very little chance a crossover happens this year.

Edmonton (4th West) would have to finish with more points than either Hamilton or Montreal (Whichever is 3rd East) in order to crossover.
For 2 West teams to meet in the Grey Cup final Edmonton would need to beat the team they didn't finish above in the regular season and then the Argos to win the East final.

Edmonton plays Calgary 3 more times and has 2 games in Regina
If they can't win those ones they will need to beat Montreal and then they have just 4 games to win 2 more than Montreal does in their final 10.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Almost wish we would of lost today, that is unacceptable to blow that kind of lead. Hopefully the message was learned from the players. Regardless, it ended up being a classic.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Rielly is a stud. to bad he has to play behind that garbage O line. Always good to face a little adversity.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
To me, the Stamps play was reflective of Price's efforts. They broke away flying, then let their foot off the gas. Sometimes in football you learn your greatest lessons in losses, but I have lots of faith in Huff to prepare our guys. He needs to pull Price aside and address that right away, the whole team adapted his attitude.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Great win there.:handclap:

Definitely going to need to get that o-line healthy though. They couldn't open a hole up the middle for Cornish to save their lives. Once the cats saw that they shut down the outside pretty good. Took the defense a while to put some heat on Hank but once they broke through in the 4th they were relentless.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really hope this is a grey cup rematch. Stamps vs. Smilin Hank would be a great storyline, especially in Regina where he also played.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
The Stamps must have some sort of voodoo curse placed on them. Every week, bodies seem to go down to injury. Glad we have a top notch coaching staff and management who continue to stack this team with depth and talent.

Not a pretty win, but we'll gladly take it. Mitchell has to learn to win the ugly ones too.

Great game by Maver.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Can we please protect Bo instead of Tate or Glenn?

My reason for this is Tate is a talented QB, but a huge bum when it comes to being a team player and he isn't THAT good.

And I would protect Glenn, if he was 7 years younger. Just too old to protect.

Bo Needs to be the guy, only things that bug me are he doesn't tuck the football when he scrambles and that he wears a glove on his throwing hand (not that it is a bad thing, just confuses the hell out of me haha)

If the Red Blacks take Tate, good riddance.

Anyways, Stamps keep on rolling

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
The first half last night was horrible, but it could have been way worse.

Ended up being a pretty fun game.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Final two minutes of a cfl game are usually the best in sports. completely ***** of the final few minutes of an NFL game.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Biggest game of the season, Glenn is having the worst game of his life. 4 turnovers in the first half. Jesus.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If I was coach Chamberlain of the Riders, I'd bench Sheets and then I'd cut him immediately following the game. That kind of "me first" attitude is absolutely toxic to a Football team. The Riders shocked people back in 98' when they cut KD Williams (a star linebacker). Fans were outaged. They ended up in the Cup that year after barely squeaking in the playoffs. All Sheets cares about is his stats and he's a pathetic excuse for a Football player. I'm debating going out tonight on the off chance I bump into him at a bar just so I can punch him in his mouth. He's a disgrace to being what a Rider is all about.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wow, watching Getzlaf's head bounce off the field was scary. It looked like a basketball bouncing :eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad