Value of: Calgary- Sens (Duchene to Flames)

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
How many players would you give up two firsts for in a cap era.

Firsts are key, not many players without long term deals i would give up two of them.
So you would like them to take Neal at 1 million retained and give up 2 1sts plus a prospect. I’m not saying it isn’t a decent proposal but don’t make it look like you’re doing them a favour here. It’s an average deal.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
How about Andersson instead of the second 1st and add in a 3rd next year? So ...
Neal(1M retained)
Andersson
Dube/Mani
1st 19
3rd 20

For
Duchene

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The only other defenseman that might get moved after Andersson is Gio. Moving Neal, if he doesn’t figure it out here, isn’t a problem. We won’t be tacking on 1st’s or very good young players to do it.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I wouldn't put him on the first line with the Flames, why mess up that line?

Duchene just seems like a problem in the room that I wouldn't want to take a chance on. Plus he's a upcoming UFA, so multiple firsts are a no go.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
How about Andersson instead of the second 1st and add in a 3rd next year? So ...
Neal(1M retained)
Andersson
Dube/Mani
1st 19
3rd 20

For
Duchene
I think Anderson is worth more than a first on his own. Guys a gaurenteed top 4 defender in two years and has top pairing upside.

Cost controlled and all. Would rather give up the first no doubt.

Reactions: No Draft

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I cannot believe anyone who watches hockey thinks duchene is better than Monahan. But i do like it for the simple fact that the rest of the league continues to underrate our team and players. Keep it up NHL, flying under the radar just works in our favour.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
2019 1st+Stone+Dube for Duchene. Flames will then move out Frolik and Brodie in the off season for picks and sign Duchene to an extension.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I cannot believe anyone who watches hockey thinks duchene is better than Monahan. But i do like it for the simple fact that the rest of the league continues to underrate our team and players. Keep it up NHL, flying under the radar just works in our favour.

He is underrating Monahan

You are underrating Duchene

Duchene has been consistently dominant for over a year now and his linemates have been barely replacement level players... he is one of the best players in the league at singehandedly creating offense...

Monahan is a great offensive player in his own right and excels at elements that Duchene is just okay at... I have been following Monahan since he was a 67 so I have been watching him for longer than you, this has nothing to do with not knowing him, they are very close in terms of impact...

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I wouldn't put him on the first line with the Flames, why mess up that line?

Duchene just seems like a problem in the room that I wouldn't want to take a chance on. Plus he's a upcoming UFA, so multiple firsts are a no go.
This.

The Flames shouldn't mess with their chemistry.

If the Sens can get multiple firsts for a rental, good on them. The Flames shouldn't make that offer.

The Flames should be looking for a backup. The cost should be a 2nd at most.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Duchene is clearly better than Mohanan and a very big upgrade
Well you keep him then and pay him number one center money because flames are number one in the west with their young center who is under contract at good value

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would rather have Stone.

Duchene seems like a total ***hole and wouldn’t mesh well with a team that relies on good locker room players.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs would start with their 1st and than add if they were allowed to talk to Duchene first and come to an extention agreement but i think they should wait and hope he decides to go to UFA. We would have one of the best shots at signing him without losing any assets either.

Last edited:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Why would the Flames trade for a loser and a cancer. If we want anyone from the Sens, it Mark Stone or Brady Tkachuk.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Neal(1M retained)
Andersson
Dube/Mani
1st 19
3rd 20

For
Duchene

Wow.. absolutely not.

Andersson, Dube, a 1st, 3rd for a rental?!

That’s horrendous for Calgary. In addition to that we are losing one of the few guys on the roster with a ton playoff experience and success .

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Wow.. absolutely not.

Andersson, Dube, a 1st, 3rd for a rental?!

That’s horrendous for Calgary. In addition to that we are losing one of the few guys on the roster with a ton playoff experience and success .

Well I honestly don't see our management throwing out two 1sts in a single trade, and Sens need help on RD, I have Neal in this with the 3rd for cap troubles, and hopefully we can get Duchene to resign, wed be turning our team into a contender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad